I have had my Razr for 8 months now and 6 months ago added my corporate sync Comcast Business Class email to the device. Upon adding the email I immediately received an error with regards to my SD Card, it states in the notifications that it is 'Preparing SD Card' and Checking for errors. The emails come through just fine however I no longer have access to my SD memory card. I have other co-workers of mine operating on smart phones as well (1) of which on a verizon LG product, (1) on sprint HTC and (1) on Razr Maxx with verizon. The Maxx user is experiencing the same problems as myself and the other 2 users have no errors, which from troubleshooting would lead me to believe that it is not a comcast issue and more of a software issue with the Razr Products.
If anyone else has had this issue and been able to get through that information would be greatly appreciated as my local verizon stores have not been able to figure it out. They order a new Razr device for me only to determine that the issue happens the same (which of course I did walk through the initial setup in their presence so they could possibly catch something I may be doing wrong), however no luck left the store with my old device and issue still in tow.
Thanks - Adam
This is kind of out there but it almost sounds like that email account is set to save attachments to the SD card and so it's taking it over...I'm not familiar with Comcast Business Class email - how are you adding it, I'll see if I can duplicate it on my razr or maxx. I use Touchdown for Exchange to access my work email, different beast.
I had issues also when I started my corporate email account on my razr maxx- they require encryption and everything including both sd cards had to be encrypted. couldn't get the account connected until after much trail and error I found out I had to encrypt the card before entering my account info. After getting everything working I found that any pictures stored on my ext card could only be seen by my phone, they were unreadable if copied to my pc. also I was getting on occasion horrible battery life - something in the account would suddenly grab 60% of batt and drain it in several hours, only fix was to delete and reinstall account arughh... Finally gave up, deleted corp account and stopped encryption. Only recurring problem is SD card occasionally not found - the preparing sd card message from hell that never goes away.