Razr Maxx won't connect to 4g and now draining battery!
eric1978a

Hello and thanks for any help in advance!

I have a Razr Maxx, bought it 11 months ago. I love this phone. But last week, all of a sudden it stopped connecting to 4G. It only connects to 3G. It is not a signal issue, as we have very strong 4g signal where I live, plus my wife's droid 4 is getting 4g. I have tried restarting the phone, but that has not helped. I went to settings and data, it is set to LTE/CDMA. Still no 4g.

And now was of yesterday, the battery is starting to drain very fast. I could go 2-3 days without a charge and now I am lucky if it even goes one day.

I am guessing the problems are related as they happened within relatively quick succession of one another.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx won't connect to 4g and now draining battery!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, my guess is that the issues are connected as well.  Your phone is probably constantly looking for a signal, thus chewing through your battery.  Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, and then reinstalling the SIM card so that you'll get a fresh connection to the network?  If that doesn't work, you might try a new SIM card ... they are free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes