Razr Maxx no longer able to take screen shots
d33pblue

Hi all,

I've had a ton of trouble with the Razr Maxx. I've been through a few of the phones. First ICS update killed the phone, I've consistently had a Maxx that won't hold 4g connection in strong 4g areas and requires it to be put into airplane mode or shut off to get the 4g data back.

Here's a new one though. The phone was getting scorching hot so installed the battery monitor app to track how hot it was getting and for how long. The phone is roughly hitting 115+ multiple times a day. So I was taking screen shots of it to show some friends to ask them for input on fixing this. Out of the blue and without the addition or update of any of my apps my phone won't take screen shots anymore. It's still also getting ridiculously hot which is a scary thing but completely aside from the inability to take screen shots.

hints, help, suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx no longer able to take screen shots
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe the phone's getting hot because it continues searching for a signal?  Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then replacing the SIM card and powering on the phone so that you get a fresh connection to the network?  If that hasn't worked, have you tried a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store)?

A system cache clear may not help with the screenshot issue, but is worth a try since it doesn't take long and won't delete your data.  Instructions are in multiple posts/threads on this forum, but let me know if you can't find them.

0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx no longer able to take screen shots
d33pblue

I clear the cache every so often and I have done it about a half dozen times since the battery started getting hot and the screenshot hasn't been working.   I have 4g signal with this replacement (3rd razr maxx)and it doesn't seem to have the connectivity issues as previously. I'll take the SIM out regardless though. I grabbed a new SIM for this phone when I received this replacement. About a month old or so.   I'm good with working around the phone. Factory reset didn't solve the issue either, it just made me mad that I still had the issue and now I had to spend an hour to get the phone where it was previously.   I'm getting tired of wasting my time with the Maxx. The battery life was nice, but it's getting tedious.

0 Likes