Razr Maxx call feature battery drain
tgsaiyan

Folks,

I have been seeing/having this issue that I am getting a bit frustrated with and wondering if I am the only one seeing this. When using the device the phone can hold a charge very well, that is unless I use the phone as a phone. I can use the display for 40 minutes on the internet and whatnot but a 10 minute phone call consumes more power according to the battery management app. I have gone through a few Razr Maxxs thinking that I had this was an issue with the hardware. I have called Moto regarding this and they are unable to figure out what the issue could be.

Am I the only person who is seeing this issue? For a phone that claims 21 hours in best conditions I find it hard to believe that an hour of call time drains almost 10% of the battery's charge.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx call feature battery drain
JP1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am on my 3rd soon to be 4th phone.  I used 120% of my battery(I had to plug it in halfway through the day) and I only talked for a little over 4 hours and used over 60% of my battery.  The rest was OS and display.  Have you noticed you dont see the '21 Hour Talk Time' commercials anymore???

0 Likes
tgsaiyan

Spoke to Verizon yesterday. Supposedly there is an update coming up next

month. Idk if its ICS but i hope this fixes this issue.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

TG, did Verizon say when next month the update would be coming?  Beginning of the month, end of the month? 

0 Likes
tgsaiyan

You know how it is with them no exact date but they only told me april.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your using more battery because your using the full power of that Transmitter to hit the Tower an you may be jumping from 4G to 3G when doing so an if this happening while your traveling your bouncing from Tower to Tower.. An if this is the case it can pull more from that phone an you said this is your second or third one an it's showing the same results. I would say keep what you got an give the one you got a chance.. batteries on phones do better after a few charge an discharge Cycles.

An one other thing that Maxx has some of the Best battery saving parameters there are on a phone. One i use when at home is my Wi-Fi an if your not using any of features, like Bluetooth,Wi-Fi, G.P.S Etc. while on the phone shut'em off. If your running any live Wallpapers go back to non live wallpapers an if your Display is set high adjust it to a lower Setting an un-check Auto Adjust an i even un-checked All animations. An one other thing to check your Apps some Apps can be battery hogs an while your Talking they can still be running in the background an consuming power.!

0 Likes