Razr Maxx - Volume control, smart actions, car dock and alarm no longer work properly
sswarts

Am I the only one having this much trouble since the ICS upgrade?

Now all volume settings don't work anymore. In Smart Actions, if I want to mute my phone when I'm in a meeting it only mutes calls - not text or email notifications! What the heck is the point of muting your phone if it doesn't mute the whole thing!? I've already gone through tier one and two tech support with Motorola. Their final conclusion? It's because the smart action says "ringtone" instead of "sound". That makes no sense whatsoever! Who would want to control the volume of only incoming calls and not the entire phone!? Oh, and by the way, even the master volume switch on the side will only control call volume and not email and text alerts too! Uuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Alarm has been set up to snooze if I press the volume buttons - that's not working either.

And the dang car dock disappeared! I can't find it for the life of me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx - Volume control, smart actions, car dock and alarm no longer work properly
shoshannao

sswarts I'm having the same problem. When I open text messaging and attempt to adjust the text received volume with the side toggle it only adjusts the phone volume. I can go into settings and adjust it that way but who wants to do that every time. I'm not liking this at all. 

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx - Volume control, smart actions, car dock and alarm no longer work properly
sswarts

Sorry, I used the wrong term in my original post. I don't mean to say "mute" my phone, but meant lower the volume!

Should have read: "In Smart Actions, if I want to lower the notification volume on my phone to 13% when I'm in a meeting it only adjusts the volume for calls - not text or email notifications! What the heck is the point of adjusting your phone volume if it doesn't affect all the notifications!?"

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On these new Settings with ICS you might have a Look at My Tip & Tricks and go to the Last Page Were there is a PDF of the Manual for The Razr & the Maxx it might have something there for different adjustments with ICS give it a Look and Good luck to ya all Have a Happy 4th b33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Isn't updates grand? Abd so worth it?

This is why I allows others to test sometimes. 😉

0 Likes