Razr Maxx HD screen frozen and asking for password
fozzys

Got a new Razr Maxx HD this morning.  Screen is asking for password and says can make 'emergency' call only.  Have done soft reboot and still shows same screen.  Did not set a password.  Is there a factory password.  Anyone else with this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx HD screen frozen and asking for password
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There shouldn't be a password setup if you didn't add one already.

Do you have a corporate exchange account on your phone?

Where did you get the phone from? Was it a Verizon Wireless store, third party retailer, online?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fozzys

No corporate exchange account.  Phone from Verizon Wireless store this morning. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was it a corporate store or a premium retailer?

Could the person who helped you setup the phone have added the password?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fozzys

I believe it was a premium retailer.  We used the phone all afternoon with no problems.  Turned the phone off and when we turned it back on, there was a dial pad with 'emergency call only.'  It asked for a password.  We tried the last four digits of the phone number, a soft reboot, removed the sim card, and NOTHING.  Same screen.  Called Verizon and the tech was unable to answer our question.  At this point will probably have to take it back to the Verizon store and let them figure it out.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

If you had corporate email, your IT people could require your phone to be password secured in order to be synched with the corporate email.  That's what it sounds like your phone is doing, but I can't explain it if you have no corporate email account.

0 Likes