Razr Maxx HD has black screen Help!!
mckean09

A few months ago my HD screen just went completely black, phone still functions takes calls, the led works.  I tried a hard reset with power and volume down key and it worked long enough for me to do a factory reset, Shortly after the screen went black. I have had no problems with battery by the way.  I have been switched to my old phone since and its a pos and I would really like getting my razr back to working. Now the only thing my Razr will do when I plug it into charge the led comes on and the battery meter pops up showing the percent charged but if I try to turn  the phone on or reboot it, it goes black. Any ideas on how I can fix this? It doesn't make sense to me that the screen will come on to show charging and that's it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx HD has black screen Help!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is just a posting away mskean09! Let's get your Razr Maxx HD working properly. Let's start with is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Also, what's the last action performed before you experienced the black screen? As you share the details then we can assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mckean09

There is no damage at all to it, no water exposure. I did not download any new apps or change operation at all. The only thing I notice before the screen stopped working, was the screen reacting slower to me pushing the power button to turn screen off or to lock it. I would say there would be a good 5 second delay after pushing the button to make the screen come on or off.  I would do a soft reset and it would temporarily fix it. but then I could not get the screen to come on at all. it would still respond to touch. sliding my finger would unlock it but there would be no display. but like I said if I plug it into the charger the screen will come on but only enough to display charge or the red Motorola sign and then the display goes off but I can still here it booting up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying mckean09. I appreciate you clearing this up. We would need to review your replacement options. Please reply to our private message.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes