Re: Razr Maxx Calendar will not sync with Exchange Calendar
Gapam

Thank you!! Obviously once entered you cannot edit which calendar it's

on. That's OK now that I have your answer.

Last question... since I cleared the calendar details I guess I've lost

that information without any ability to recover it???

Thank you for responding!!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I don't know of any way to recover information you have deleted from your device calendar. As the phone says, it is non-syncable so the only location of the information is your phone. Once deleted, it's gone. Sorry.

I went thru the same thing until I figured out items I was saving to my calendar from my phone were going into my device canendar and finally figured I needed to save them to my Google calendar instead. Fortunately, I simply copied them one by one to my Google calendar before completely scrapping my device calendar. I'm not even sure there is ANY reason why someone would ever use the device calendar?

Gapam

Thanks!  I'm not sure why they bother having one as it us truly useless!

Oh well, another lesson learned the hard way!  Seems I have to figure this

out every time I change phones!  Very aggravating & frustrating!

Thank you again for your quick & effective responses!

Sincerely,

Pam >Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Greenmnt

This seems like my problem too.  I have a Droid Razr.  It was a replacement of the same model under warranty, because of an unrelated problem.  The old phone synced fine in the calendar and other features.

But, what did you mean "make sure only the Google Calendar is selected."?  When I go there, I can ad an existing account, but when I try to ad my existing Google account, it is unable to connect to server, try again later.

I have been working on this for a week, so later is a relative term.  Is this what you mean by select Google Calender?

0 Likes
pillarpaul

Actually, there IS a way and it's really easy. Simply go to the Calendar and then enter a New Event (it can be bogus for now). The top line will say "Device Calendar". Notice there is an arrow at the bottom right of the line. Click on that. It will open up all of the accounts you have. Click on your exchange account. Save the event as if it were a real event (you can delete it later). Now, every time you enter an event it will default to the Exchange Calendar syncing. Trust me  - this works. I can't believe the Android system doesn't have a general setting for this and that you have to go to a specific new event but that's the way it is.

0 Likes