Razr MAXX Navigation Dock
bradkfla

I recently bought the Droid Razr MAXX along with the Shell/Holster (MOT912MHOC) and Vehicle Navigation Dock (MOT916MNT) offered by Verizon Wireless for this phone.  Both of these are made by Motorola and distributed by Verizon Wireless.  However, the phone will not fit into the Navigation Dock with the shell on!  So I have to take the shell off to put the phone into the dock.  This seems like a design flaw in one or both of these accessories.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr MAXX Navigation Dock
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bradkfla,

I see your concern with your DROID RAZR MAXX shell/holster not fitting when used in conjunction with the vehicle navigation mount.

Keep in mind, the holster is made as protection for your device, whereas the vehicle navigation mount is solely intended for navigation use.  Most all of our devices will not fit into the navigation mount with the holster on the device.  As pictured in the accessory attachment you included, the holster is not attached when used in the vehicle navigation mount.  They are both, great accessories and offer a better experience with your device.  I, too, use the same type of accessories with my HTC Thunderbolt.

I hope I have answered your question, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bradkfla,

I see your concern with your DROID RAZR MAXX shell/holster not fitting when used in conjunction with the vehicle navigation mount.

Keep in mind, the holster is made as protection for your device, whereas the vehicle navigation mount is solely intended for navigation use.  Most all of our devices will not fit into the navigation mount with the holster on the device.  As pictured in the accessory attachment you included, the holster is not attached when used in the vehicle navigation mount.  They are both, great accessories and offer a better experience with your device.  I, too, use the same type of accessories with my HTC Thunderbolt.

I hope I have answered your question, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lovecars
Enthusiast - Level 2

i like the original poster am not happy that I cannot use the navigation cradle with my cover. Why do I ask??? because the Razr has the capability to use the cover with the Navigation dock.  I would ask for something that already exists and it's available for a brother phone the Razr but not the Razr MAXX

0 Likes
utahchad

Verizon that is the WORST flipping response.  What is wrong with you, the case is to protect and the dock is for navigation use.  Why wouldn't my phone be protected while it is in the navigation doc????  On what planet would ANYONE want to get in ther vehicle and connect to the navigation dock and say "hey I have to unprotect my phone, so it can navigate"  maybe on Uranus!!!  I just cannot believe that is your response, besides being WRONG, it is stupid and verizon is stupid for not thinking that through.  I have a Motorola Droid and a vehicle navigation dock (not the razr maxx) and I get in my car and take my Droid, which has the same case but for this model droid, and I put it right in the doc, no problem.  I did however recently buy the razr maxx and the navigation doc and again cannot figure out why verizon likes to screw with their customers because now not only does the case not work with the doc, the razr maxx doc does not charge the phone.  The one I currently have for my Droid does charge the phone while doc'd.  Verizon does this kind of crap all the time and they need to knock it off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most docks don't allow for the extra room to have a case on the phone while connected to the dock.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes