Razr M not able to read Music File
tnvsatern
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I just received my Razor R today. I have music on my SD card from my previous phone and when I tried playing the music (opening file), a message said that the phone cannot open/read the file. The music is in mp3 format. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr M not able to read Music File
moonbaby68

What kind of phone was the sd card in before? The reason why I'm asking is because say if it was an apple product then you won't be able to use it. Apple is not compatible with android and if you got your music from itunes then you won't be able to use it on your android device.

0 Likes
Re: Razr M not able to read Music File
tnvsatern
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was the Spectrum 2.

0 Likes
Re: Razor R not able to read Music File
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tnvastern,

Congrats on your new RAZR M! It’s a great device! I do know the importance of being able to hear your favorite tunes playing on your phone; so let’s work together to find your music files to add to your phone. The RAZR M does support MP3 music files. You may not be able to open the file; however; if you access your ‘Music’ application, the music files should be located there and available to play. Have you tried looking in your Music application, yet?

If you have looked, here, and you're still receiving the error message, I would recommend transfering the pictures via your computer. Place the memory card back into your LG spectrum and connect the device to your pc. You can then transfer the files over to your new RAZR M. Here’s how: To move pics from LG Spectrum http://bit.ly/10dv7Lf *link shows “Pictures/Videos” but same steps for music files* To move files to Droid RAZR M http://bit.ly/UIB6FA.

I trust this information will prove helpful! Thanks for posting in our community. Let us know if you have further questions! We’re here for you!

Thanks,

TanishaS_VZW

Follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes