Re: Razr M - Can't transfer pictures from internal storage to SD card?
ryder0442
Enthusiast - Level 2

Easy solution.  Open your camera like you are taking a pictuure. Bottom left touch the sprocket icon for settings. A pop up window will appear with yoour camera settings. Scroll down and press on storage location. Here it gives you the option to select SD card.  I did this for my wife's RazrM and her pictures now go to SD card when taking them.

ryder0442
Enthusiast - Level 2

My amazing husband!!:-)  Thanks for fixing all our problems. 

jazz50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks ryder0442  I just did that to my phone and it did work!

Mer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

The guys at my local Verizon store figured this out for me the other day when we were trying to back up all my data while trying to find me a replacement phone. What you've suggested is, I believe, what they did.

0 Likes
TheRamblingRoman

There directions, with that last line, will work, not only for photos, but for documents and some apps also. The problem is not with Verizon. As opus01robin so delicately explained, there is no management option now. This went away with the Android JB update. It also did away with one of the USB management options. You can use the Files manager as above to move many things. It's cumbersome but doable.

0 Likes
Tulmaster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to mention that if you want to move pictures or video files using Scott25's method, it would be helpful to know that your pictures and videos may not actually be located in folders named pictures or videos.  On mine, those folders were empty and on checking a folder named DCIM it listed 2 objects.  On opening this folder there was a sub-folder named camera with 62 files in it.  This Camera folder held both pictures and videos, video's being all grouped together at the bottom of the list.  This is the same for both Device Storage and SD Storage.

I had already designated the SD as the default location when I first got the phone by using the camera setting's icon (the gear looking thing) on the activated camera screen as indicated by ryder0442.  If you remove the SD card to transfer files you might want to double check the settings when you return it to  the phone as might default back to device storage when removed.  Also you might want to put a gig or so of mp3 music files on your SD while you have it in your computer as the Rocket Player app is pretty good and is free.

cjd5755

With the new update on Droid Razr phones by Motorolla there is no longer a "manage internal memory" section in the storage section. After going through 2 people at Verizon I was transferred to Motorolla, he walked me through another way to store all my pictures on my SD card. Verizon needs to learn how to do this, I am not sure how to make them aware. Below is what Jason from Motorolla sent me:

TRANSFERRING FILES

1. OPEN FILE

2. OPEN DEVICE STORAGE/ SD CARD

3. DCIM AND OPEN CAMERA FOLDER

4. IF PHOTOS ARE LOCATED TAP AND HOLD UNTIL IT WAS HIGHLIGHTED

5. TAP 1 SELECTED AND CHOOSE SELECT ALL

6. AFTER SELECTING ALL TAP THE FOLDER ICON WITH AN ARROW POINTING TO THE RIGHT

7. TAP SELECTED IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER

8. CHOOSE THE LOCATION

9. IF YOU CHOOSE THE LOCATION TAP THE MOVE BUTTON ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER

0 Likes
edjtmj

after I moved my phtos from the device storage to sd I can't find them in my gallary. Cany anyonehelp me

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

edjtmj wrote:

after I moved my phtos from the device storage to sd I can't find them in my gallary. Cany anyonehelp me

Did you reboot the phone afterwards?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Leo1987
Enthusiast - Level 1

scout25 got it right .. thank you!!!!

0 Likes