Razr 4g connection problems
nyhockey
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello-

I got my razr way back in late November a few weeks after it came out i payed the full $300 for the new technology and the fact that I was promised a 4GLTE connection.  My phone worked fine for about 2 weeks until it started having data connectivity problems which went away in a matter of days then their was an update.  Oh i forgot to mention i had perfect connection with 4G at my house for the first 2 weeks then i couldnt get any 4G anywhere even when i drove into areas of large populations.  To this day I can only get 3G at best I looked at Verizon's coverage map and my house is clearly under the 4GLTE service area but I can barley manage to pull 3G.  Also one more thing I am still running under CDMA/LTE for my network mode.  This is a huge pain sometimes when I am out and trying to use data based apps which I can not access most of the time because of my spotty 3G coverage and my non existant 4G.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr 4g connection problems
hbarron79

I am having very similar problems. Sometimes takes several sec for any connection and several minutes at times for 4G to connect. And both drop constantly.

0 Likes
amadeuss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just upgraded to a new 4G phone from my DroidX. Razr Dropped data about 30 minutes after I got it out the store.Did the update but data drops like crazy. Sometimes cycling throught Airplane mode solves the data problem for a while but sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get data back. From what I see elsewhere on the net there are many many people having the same problem. VZW techs say there is a glitch with their network hardware. The only thing we can do is wait for an update that fixes this thing or take the phone back to the store. I wonder if it is Verizon or Motorola's fault this darn thing doesn't work.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi nyhockey!

Thanks to the community for your input as well. I really understand why you would be upset about losing the 4G connection on your Razr. Toggling Airplane Mode on and off can definitely be a tedious task, especially if there is a sense of urgency in what you are trying to accomplish. If you have received the software update and this is still happening, I would suggest is a master reset of the RAZR. In many cases, a master reset is a good idea after a software update.

A master reset will bring it back to the factory settings, and sort of "refreshes" the device with the new software. Here is a link with the steps for a master reset on the RAZR. Please back up your data to a PC before completing the reset.

http://bit.ly/z30zKf

Also, please post back with your results. Thank you!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AddyPie12

I just got my Droid Razr last Friday, and have had no data since yesterday.  I can't get 3G or 4G service.  I have seen a lot of other posts about the same issue.  Is Verizon doing anything to fix this problem?

0 Likes
nyhockey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello-

I was having the same problem that you were having I don't know of any permanent fix but this is what I did and it worked for me.  If you haven't already go to...settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode.... Here you will see two options CDMA/LTE and CDMA Only if your phone is on CDMA/LTE I recommend you change it to CDMA Only this will not allow you to use 4G (which dosn't seem to work anyways) but it should allow you to get 3G this is what I did and I get 3G most places I go now plus 3G wont use as much battery as 4G this is the best solution I have found to this problem yet keep me posted if this works or you find a better way.

krelian87
Enthusiast - Level 1

just fan-fricking-tastic. you get 4g but, nooooooooo, you gotta get back to 3g or have no data until verizon can figure out how to give you the service you PAID for. FFS.

B33
Legend

I would not Recommend putting the phone in that Setting!  Doing So will make things more worse than they already were.  If ones are having Issues with it Connecting to the Network Shut the phone off Pull the Sim for Five Min. then Re-Insert it.  Use caution when handling the Sim card as it's very Sensitive to Static Electricity an the Oils on your Fingers.

Here are some Tips i Recommend:

1. Apps sometimes can cause Havoc for Devices connecting to the Net Work one day your Phone is working Flawless & Fast next it's a Pile of Rocks an as slow as Turtle:  Solution put it in Safe Mode Remove one app at a Time till you see a Difference in the Performance..
  2. These Phones are Sensitive an Agile an it takes allot to make them Run Correctly:   So use Caution when Web surfing or Downloading Apps! 
  3. If your having issues you can come on here an we can help as Much as We can but there is a Limit to what we can Do:  A Tear 2 is the Best one to Talk too.  Explain in Full Detail and on a Landline or on another Cell phone as they will want to Trouble shoot the Device that's causing the Issue.  Have them do a full  Analysis on your Line that the Device is on: Phone settings, Data settings, If need be have them walk you threw a F.R..  And while on the phone with them ask if there have been any outages in your Area or Tower Work that is being done in your Area.. b33
0 Likes