Razor Maxx / Verizon's 3g network connection issue
danieljo16

I am in the middle of changing from US Cellular to Verizon, and my Razor Maxx will arrive tomorrow, and I will activate it and close my Us Cellular account.

I was added to an account. The main account holder is in Chicopee, Ma. She also got the Razor Maxx. She picked this phone because her previous phone LG Aly was losing 3g connection while she was at work. The Verizon rep she talked to told her that it was because the Aly was old and dying, and that she needed to upgrade to a better phone. 

We were told the Razor Maxx is one of the best, but, its doing the same thing. I have read a lot of posts suggesting everything from resetting the phone, or  asking that a tech support person to make sure she is not on a hybrid prl, (seems Verizon changed some prl stuff in mid April) some suggested getting a new phone, and  just that Verizon is upgrading to 4g so some of the 3g service is really weak now, and even that the WiFi search tool should be shut off

I am looking for advice or suggestion on how to get her phone to work properly while she is at her work place. The 3g works fine at home and around town, but after a few minutes at her desk in her office, the 3g stops working. If she shuts off and restarts the phone, it comes back on, but doesn't stay on for very long before the 3g shuts off again,

thank you for any and all help in this matter.

I am trying not to feel nervous about switching from Us Cellular to Verizon too

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razor Maxx / Verizon's 3g network connection issue
B33
Legend

Well one thing you got to Remember Don't count your Chickens before they Hatch!! Meaning Calm down an don' t get to excited the phone isn't here yet..

Being that Said when Get your phone Charged Up do it with phone Off then once it's fully charged. Do this leave the Mylar sticker that's on the front of the Maxx till you get the Installation of the card Done. Next

Carefully take out the Sim Card out of it's holder. the Easiest way to Do this is Use a X-Acto Knife with a No.11 blade an with it and a little Pressure Cut each Tab that sticks off of the Sim Card flush then lift the Holder up an Away from it. Grab the Sim by Edges an Don't touch the gold Area of it.  With the Gold side Up install it in the Maxx. It will need to be pushed in an Locked like a Sd Card does best way to push it Fully in is by using a Round toothpick cut Flush on both end's i used one of them because i couldn't get my finger up in there to full push it in my Maxx but the Tooth worked like a Charm!! ..

Then After that it's a Good Idea to Call C.S. option 3 to get Tech Services Tell them you just got a New Maxx an you wanted some help setting it up.. One of my pointers here would be Leave the CDMA/LTE were it's at weather you are in a 4G or 3G area leave the Switch in this position.. But have have Tech Services go through this with Ya you'll need a Separate phone so they can Help you Set it Up an Trouble Shoot or answer any Questions you may Have But do Call them i did and i'm glad i Did when i sat up my Maxx..

If you have any more Questions Just ask and i will try to Help as much as i can. O one other thing please Charge your Maxx with the Charger that Comes with it. It should take 2 to 3 Hours to Charge it since it should Be Partially Charged.. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
danieljo16

ty for the advice, and, i will certainly call and ask for the assistance setting up the new phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome: Let me know when you Get it.  We'll talk some Turkey on it meaning you can ask Questions an i 'll help as much as i can & give you some pointers.. in the mean while take care & have a good morning..b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great feedback B33!  And congratulations on your new Droid RAZR MAXX, danieljo16!  I’m confident you will love your new 4G LTE device.  Please, let us know if you have any questions or concerns with your RAZR MAXX.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Anthony i Love Maxx. Now if you can do me a Favor Anthony Send some 4G my Way tell me there going to Switch the Towers on Tomorrow please!. If you can that this big old boy will be jumping up N down with laughter Lol  

0 Likes
monoxide55406

motorola actually has an app for this problem. I don't know why verizon doesn't tell people about it. the app is called "restore connectivity settings". I ran it once and no more 4g problems.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup i got that app as Well it Works! b33

0 Likes
baker1ox

I CANT thank you enough!!!!!  Why aren't they advertising this more!  Great help, I was about to send the damn phone back.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's in the Playstore on the Web as well.! 

0 Likes