Razar Hot Spot Problems ?
strobby

Anybody have problems with using the hotspot on the Razar ?   I purchased a Razar, had the hotspot actived and talked to 4 tech people and never did get it working. One of the tech person I talked to told me she had saw a bulletin on this problem and she had me update the phone. She said if it didn't work that there would be another update the end of April. It didn't work so I took the phone back. I was upgrading to a smartphone and wanted to use the hotspot on my laptop in my service van. I know I could get a mobile hotspot, but that would be $50 a month and with the smartphone upgarde and the hotspot that would also be $50 a month and I would have the smartphone with out adding another $30 for the service package. 

The hotspot would connect to my laptop and said it was connect to my phone but when I pulled up the signal status it showed no conductivity or no signal. I tried two different laptops and the same thing happen. The internet worked fine on the phone.. Does anybody know what 4G phone work good with a hotspot ? I was thinking about trying a Razar Maxx.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razar Hot Spot Problems ?
B33
Legend

I don't know if you have the same set up as what i am going to put on here for You but give this a shot an see if works. Click on this it will take you might need to go as i said it's a long shot but this guy had a issue with the Hotspot an he fixed the Issue Him self.. Good luck.  Here a Couple Links that might Help out::

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/203131-verizon-razr-hotspot-problem-solved.html

http://www.razrforums.com/forum/droid-razr-general-discussions/700-droid-razr-has-known-flaw-mobile-...

0 Likes
Re: Razar Hot Spot Problems ?
timrbanjo

I have a like problem but slightly different.  I can connect one or two maybe sometimes three devices to the hotspot then it won't connect anymore devices.  (I have devices set to max)  Seems the first devices connect OK, and anyone will connect OK alone, but when I start adding devices they won't connect.  On the manage device option, I can see the devices trying to connect, but the 3rd and 4th and later devices all come in "UNKNOWM DEVICE" with an IP of 0.0.0.0   Yet if I try to connect those same devices by themselves, the hotspot identifies them correctly and gives them a valid IP.    HELP

0 Likes