Randomly restarts so quickly i cant even use it
chadbetac2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, my droid maxx was working well until a few days ago. Ive gotten a fair amount of restarts over the course of the year (had it since january) but last night it restarted 5 times in a row, sometimes without even letting itself fully restart (before it gets to the lock screen) and after that it seemed fine so I gae it not thought. However today it must have restarted itself over 30 times in the past hour. I tried starting in safe mode but it restarted before it could boot into it. On top of that it seems like as long as it restarts and i dont try unlocking it, it will stay on. But this basically makes it useless. Ive tried unlocking it to use it but usually within 30 seconds it restarts itself. Also on a side note, most of the widgets also don’t load, im assuming that has something to do with it. The ones that don’t load are Pandora, google keep, and googles music app similar to shazam. (google play and the clock widget that come with the phone do load though). Sadly its become pretty useless right now so any help would be appreciated on how to proceed from here.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Randomly restarts so quickly i cant even use it
chadbetac2
Enthusiast - Level 1

okay...so i was trying to figure out what could cause it and i think ive found the solution. As soon as i slightly touch the power button it shows up with what normally does when you hold it down for a few seconds. its as if the button (the one on the motherboard itself) is stuck and any movement makes it restart. Guess i just have to get a new one. Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chadbetac2
Enthusiast - Level 1

okay...so i was trying to figure out what could cause it and i think ive found the solution. As soon as i slightly touch the power button it shows up with what normally does when you hold it down for a few seconds. its as if the button (the one on the motherboard itself) is stuck and any movement makes it restart. Guess i just have to get a new one. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad you discovered the root cause, chadbetac2. Has the phone been damaged or exposed to moisture? Does the button feel stuck or loose? Do you have insurance?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes