Re: RAZR will not turn on, white light
macinmt
Enthusiast - Level 2

worked for me....hold on/off and sound down at same time for 10 seconds....I had been using a sprint htc charger ....switched to the droid charger and working fine now............thanks for the info from here!

B33
Legend

Yea the Charger that comes with is the Best to Use.. Or at the Least a Good substitute would be a Motorola O.E.M Travel Charger..

0 Likes
hd28570

i tried it but nothing happened

0 Likes
mikeandsunny

My razr battery died and i had all the problems mentioned. I tried charging it all day with no luck.  With no warranty, and nothing to loose, I carefully removed the back of the phone to access the battery (take your time. its stuck on with a sticky glue, but will come off). At the bottom of the battery is two small screws. I removed the screws and disconnected the battery and let the phone sit for a while.  I pushed the power button a few times to make sure to use up any stored power that could possibly be in the phone.  I reconnected the screw and plugged it in and it started working.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum interesting you un-hooked then re hooked and it came back on..

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Seems plausible. However, very risky. There are no metal terminals on the battery and it's just a thin ribbon cable from the bare battery to the board, which is very easy to tear. I am glad it worked for you.

0 Likes
Tanner_j

The notification light blinks green when you have a new message or notification, and appears red when you start charging a dead battery.

Tip: If you receive a white indicator while charging, this indicates the battery does not have enough power for device to turn on.

In some cases you may notice different LED colors like blue or purple.
Android allows third party applications to control the multi-color LED and utilize other colors.
Facebook for example may use blue for its notifications. If you seeing notifications from other third party applications you can check the application settings for more details.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need to post the same message on multiple discussions especially old one over a year old. Posting duplicates is against the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LiquidGooey

This happened to me but I fixed it.

I ran my battery down last night and plugged in my phone before going to bed.

No white light or anything. The next day nothing.

I did the power/volume down but nothing.

I finally took out my two cards and put them back in..and bam the power button worked fine.

Phone is booting now.

Assuming resetting the cards reset whatever was frozen on the phone.

0 Likes