Re: RAZR MAXX 16GB SCAM - DONT BE FOOLED
Lifter5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uhm, yeah. AT&T... Well, if you don't mind not having coverage in out of the way places like- your own home, right down the street from AT&T,  Apple Store, etc, every three feet in any direction around my condo, and NOT getting unbelievable 26+ Mbps on 4gLTE then... Go for it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking AT&T. I know they do the best they can with what they have. I just think they could learn a bit from a carrier with real countrywide 4GLTE coverage like Verizon. You have to ask yourself, Why is it that most interstate truck drivers use Verizon exclusively? These people need their phones to connect and work, no matter what or where they are. Period. Their lives and livelihoods are on the line. 

-Mike

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Honestly...  THIS is the reason why Google wants to get rid of UMS and switch to MTP.  People don't understand partitions, and let alone how UMS works.  Since people complain about user space and how it is partitioned there are reasons for it.  eMMC can't be re-partitioned without a great risk to render the memory useless thus breaking your device.  They need to make enough room for the OS and future updates(Android has gotten bigger with every update).  Then you have to consider user data which needs to also be on the device on a separate partition or in the system partition(which would make this partition bigger).  Then you have to user storage which is what you can access.  MTP actually works out better where the size is static based on how much storage total vs. fixed partitions.  You can make the device only allow access to specific parts of memory.

Without the partitioning the way it is if  you ever tried to mount it then your phone would crash as it would lose the system partition, and then UMS would be useless at that point.  They have to partition it for security as well as BEING able to access the phone.  MTP allows the device itself to allow access to everything, but it doesn't meet the protocols for removable storage(See iPhone which also uses MTP), and it doesn't require the computer to mount the drive.

0 Likes
Lifter5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously, partitions can be so much fun! Had a customer archive his data in a FAT 12 Diamond partition. I didn't even have a clue what that was. Now I know that its a great way to unrecoverably loses your data.

~ Mike

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Ay_Ya
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, any 'Battery Defender' style apps or appkillers can and will kill your battery time. It is relative to how you use them and how well you understand the phone's OS. Being Linux based, it is quite different from using a desktop PC where you utilize taskmanager to kill things. With this OS most apps are more or less "on deck" (to coin some baseball terminology). They are there. They are staying warmed up. They are ready to run up to the plate at a moments notice. However, they are not necessarily swinging the bat.... yet. But, if you(or your App) repeatedly force kill an app that sits by studiouosly waiting for it's turn, then the OS will notice it is missing and repeatedly reinitialize it to meet it's preset criteria for whatever situation you are in. This phone specifically studies your habits and tries to please you by having things ready at your beck and call... similar to predictive typing when texting, but doing so with actuall apps. If it is continuously restarting low priority and low usage apps because you are continuously killing them, then it becomes a huge cycle of repeated switching drain.

mushkers

"gorilla glass"? that is monkey business. my guess is that it was a necessary move to keep the device thin and the glass thin. it is a marketing ploy. definitely NOT a do no evil.

two days after my 30 day warrantee was up my android razr slipped out of my pocket at about 2 feet, bounced off of my foot, and landed, some 2 inches down from there, onto the floor. the gorilla glass shattered. Verizon told me they were not responsible. Motorola was totally ridiculous, callous, and very hard to understand as they were overseas and reading from a piece of paper. and result was that they refused to repair it unless I paid them $150.00.

do no evil?

has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did and I eventually contacted Corning.  They, at least took me seriously.  I couldn't go any further with them because I had already sent the phone to the insurance company. 

If anyone has a broken screen, contact Corning.  They seem to be interested at least.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well at least it's step in the right Direction.. Hope ya get your re-placement Soon! b33

0 Likes
victoriak68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, picky aren't we? The advertised battery life is an estimate and doesn't take into account actual usage of phone. "This is how much time you can talk on phone before battery dies" kind of thing. Combine phone use, music, videos, web-browsing, apps, etc. Of course it's going to drain the battery faster. If you're constantly on your phone that will drain your battery faster as well. But the Razr and the Razr maxx include the Smart Actions app where you can set your Razr to perform certain actions automatically. I use the preset Battery Extender and it has helped a great deal in extending the life of my battery. Do I get 12 hours of battery life out of my phone (I have the first edition Razr btw)? No I don't and given the amount of time I spend on my phone, I don't expect to. That is why they came out with the Maxx. It says 21 hours, but again that is only an estimate. Are you forced to charge your Razr Maxx several times throughout the day? If not then quit complaining. As for memory, OMG! Only someone who's extremely uneducated about phones would not realize how internal memory is used on a phone. But of course you're a longtime iPhone owner, it's a given you wouldn't know anything about phones. Someone willing to spend $300 for a 32g iPhone isn't very bright in my opinion anyway. You spent $199.99 on a maxx and with a 32g sd card you'll have 40g of usable memory. That's 8 extra gigs for $100 less than what you paid for your iPhone.

I do agree with you on one thing though. Verizon needs to stop bogging down the memory on our phones with crappy bloated apps we don't get a choice in. To me that's just really bad business.

Oh by the way, I don't know what you're doing to your phone that's causing you to need to reset your phone so often. If you're doing nothing, use your warranty and get your maxx replaced with a new one. It's possible that you have downloaded some apps that are conflicting with one another. Have you made sure all your apps are updated? Oh and free apps, beware of free apps always because of advertisements. Ads always seems to screw with phones.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My Battery Life on my Maxx is almost 4 Days when i lightly use it.. Up to 20 hours if i Stream non stop Wi-Fi From Winamp My Maxx has impressed me more than once..As for the Memory there's allot there an if needed i'll just bump up to a 32Gig..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just installed a 64 GB SD card.

0 Likes