Questions Verizon hasn't been able to answer..
edbettin
Enthusiast - Level 2

1.  Is Google Wallet "allowed" to run on the Droid Maxx?  That is, can I sideload the program without root and have it function, as it does on my Galaxy Nexus??  (The program does NOT appear in the Play store on the phone, but the Verizon store is not sure why not.  Isis is loaded on the phone, and it may be designed to block Google Wallet...)

2.  When the Maxx is connected to a Windows computer with a USB cable as a mass storage device, does it show up with a drive letter?  If so, can I run a regular Windows backup program to back up all the phone's data as I did with my Original Droid? (and I note this is NOT possible with the Galaxy Nexus because it does not appear as a mass storage device with a drive letter, but as a portable media player that is not recognized by backup programs)

3.  Does the Maxx work with the Motorola SKIP device?

It seems we need someone with some actual phone user experience to answer these questions, as Verizon doesn't seem to have a clue..  Anyone???

Labels (2)
Re: Questions Verizon hasn't been able to answer..
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Im sure you may have heard...Verizon troubleshoots ITS service....not other things. All your questions need to be directedto the manufacturer. Your questions are similar to calling your cable provider to ask how to focus the picture or change the contrast. You need to go to the MAKER, Motorola.

Best wishes

0 Likes
edbettin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps that's true for questions two and three, and I wasn't expecting Verizon to answer these, but informed users who have the phone and can try some things to see if they work.  However, the first question IS directed at Verizon, since the blockage of Google Wallet on the Galaxy Nexus has nothing to do with the manufacturer, and it has nothing to do with the manufacturer on the Maxx either.  Again, I'm looking for informed USERS to answer these questions, NOT Verizon and NOT Motorola.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then youre in the wrong place. Google your qiestions and see what you find.

Best wishes

0 Likes
edbettin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I've already done that extensively.  No answers, that's why I'm here.  Perhaps there is someone besides yourself who know these answers, since you don't seem to.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

We are all customers. Your situation is unique; hence the lack of replies.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

1. As far as I know no phone on Verizon Wireless supports Google Wallet. My Galaxy Nexus doesn't support it

2. It will mount as a portable media player since that is how it is designed through the OS.

3. Check with Motorola.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
edbettin
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
edbettin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about the  post removal.  Just Google search for the current GW version number and try that.  No device modification of any kind is necessary or required.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

edbettin wrote:

Sorry about the  post removal.  Just Google search for the current GW version number and try that.  No device modification of any kind is necessary or required.

I don't have any intention of using Wallet even if I can install it. I don't want to jump through hoops anymore to install a program. Even Flash player hasn't been sideloaded on my most recent Android devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes