Question about Smart Actions
nightskycat

When creating a custom smart action, I want to send an automatic response text message to certain people but not all people.

For instance

- I can set a TRIGGER for "I miss some calls"

- Then I can choose who I receive calls from

- Next I can set the ACTION "Send a text message" and choose what I want the text message to say

Is there a way to download a trigger for "I miss some text messages"? That way I can put in the numbers of the people I receive the texts from and it will automatically respond with what I need it to say. If not, does anyone know of another method I could use to do this?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Question about Smart Actions
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think there is anything for missed texts.  What are you doing when you miss your text messages?  I have mine set up so that when I am at work it auto replies to let everyone know of an alternative way to reach me since I'm not really supposed to have my phone out.  Another option is when I am driving I have it set up to let everyone know I am not available and will get back to them.  And lastly, when I am connected to my headset at the gym.  So there are other options.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Smart Actions
nightskycat

Hi, Thanks for the response,It's more the fact that my boss is a micromanager and has decided to contact me using my cell phone via text. i was hoping that if she sent me a text, i could set it up so it would automatically respond with a message like,"i'm right in the middle of something but will get back to you ASAP"because if i don't respond back with something, then i get a ton of emails and phone calls

<< Personal information removed.  Please edit personal information when replaying via email. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes