Problems with call signal
rfackrell2

3 days ago I lost service on my Razr Maxx, randomly. I couldn't make calls for about 4 hours The signal came and went but no calls to come through or go out. It's been 3 days now and my signal is still horrible, if I manage to get a call to go through it drops and I lose signal completely for 3-5 minutes. I have done a factory reset, and held down the power button and the up volume button. Any hints?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with call signal
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

When doing a factory reset did you choose the option to wipe the cache partition too? Only other option for you that Verizon allows is to send it in via warranty where they will either
1. Send back a refurbished phone, or
2. sbf your phone

I would say do #2 yourself but I think that voids your warranty..not sure.

0 Likes
rfackrell2

I ended up figuring out that whenever I turn on my GPS I lose signal, Verizon is sending me a new SIM card to see if that fixes it.

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope they didn't charge you for one. You can go up to any Verizon store and get them for free..hopefully that fixes the problem, but I have a feeling it won't.

0 Likes
rfackrell2

They didn't charge me Smiley Happy I kind of doubt it too, but we'll see lol. Thanks for trying to help.

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you don't have warranty you can always fix it via "alternate" methods that I can't talk about on a Verizon forum. Just sayin'. Good luck!

0 Likes