Problems with Kitkat on RAZR M
ronsch

I just upgraded my RAZR M to Kitkat and everything seemed to go fine.  However, now I just get "Homescreen has stopped" errors repeatedly.  Clicking OK restarts homescreen which then promptly stops again,.  Tried a reboot but that didn't help??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with Kitkat on RAZR M
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry ronsch! I have just the option to get this resolved. It simply sounds like the update was not properly installed. To correct this issue please complete a full restore/reset on the device after all of your info is backed up. Once this reset occurs you should no longer receive the notification. Please keep us posted if any issues occur after this process is completed. Have a great evening!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry ronsch! I have just the option to get this resolved. It simply sounds like the update was not properly installed. To correct this issue please complete a full restore/reset on the device after all of your info is backed up. Once this reset occurs you should no longer receive the notification. Please keep us posted if any issues occur after this process is completed. Have a great evening!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ronsch

I eventually contacted Tier 2 support over the phone and they walked me through the power/volume button hard reset which did indeed fix the problem while leaving Kitkat in place.  Thanks to Google backup, I didn't lose a single app and it even restored my wi-fi password.  Phone seems to be working fine now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ronsch, thanks for keeping us posted. We're relieved to hear that your phone is properly working for you now. For your convenience, device support is just a click away: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes