Problems since the update.
pth2012

Ever since the update, I have had the following problems: 

1.  Blue tooth does not work well;

2.  Smart actions no longer work;

3.  Gps says that I am blocks away from my actual location; 

4.  Keep getting a message that background data is restricted when it shouldn't be.  And I cannot seam to get this message resolved.

Something tells me the will be more issues; any suggestions on the 4 issues listed above?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems since the update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your device should actually be performing better after the software update pth2012! I recommend first testing the device in safe mode for a full day to see if the performance changes. http://bit.ly/rxg0ii If you still experience the same difficulties, a hard reset would be the next step. http://bit.ly/tQ0nkT

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
caveman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got updated this morning and had no choice in the matter!

Now my browser lock up on Google! and the 3rd party software which I could look at my security cameras remotely called ASEE goes to a black screen, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still the same. I have a lot of Apps installed on here ad I still don't know how many other apps do not work. I want a NEW Replacement Android Razer and not a used or refurbished piece of junk.

Everything was fine until this update and now I am paying for a device I can no longer use, especially since I can no longer browse the internet.

432-438-5076

You customer support via phone today was pretty pathetic.

Thanks,

Bill

NOTHAPPY3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was forced to get the update also today, and it is horrible. It will not allow me to put my phone into 3g to conserve battery life. My screen keeps freezing. Something is always running and it overrised my task killer so my battery is draining completely in a matter of a few hours even when its not being used by me. Im seriously not happy since my phone is relatively new and I really loved it. This new update it horrible. Im just glad im not the only one dealing w/ these issues. Im bringing my phone in tomorrow and something better be done for me, since I have five phones on my plan and have been a loyal customer for 7 years. The phone worked great prior to this update now its just a really expensive paper weight.

B33
Legend

Try Jonathan's Suggestion but i will go one Step Further:  Clear the Cache Partition this should straighten up some of the Issues your Experiencing. If they Don't then i recommend a Factory Reset..

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jrr62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too couldn't do just the 3G....googled it and found LTE onoff which is a free app then you can select CDMA auto (PRL) and 3G works great.

0 Likes
citrixfreak

After update the signal strength is almost non-existent and the same for Wi-FI. Calls are dropping mid sentence. I think there needs to be a fix for these problems ASAP!

0 Likes
quality7
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone gets hot and battery life is terrible. have to almost keep it pluuged up. tech support says they know nothing about this problem , verizon sent me another phone. Same problem straight out of the box.

quality7
Enthusiast - Level 2

i tried that also, still no help thou

0 Likes
lp23088
Enthusiast - Level 2

mine has been doing that also. Pretty much have to keep it plugged in all day to have any battery life

0 Likes