Re: Problems after 5.1 update
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Strange that groups is not available in 5.1 as it is in 5.0

Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I appreciate the feedback that just sucks. I used to be able to turn on/off a number of things especially changing the volume with out unlocking my phone by just holding the power button and making the change. Works really well when running into a meeting or into the office. Now I have to type in my code and press the volume button till it's set. Just a pain.

0 Likes
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've notice that in standby the battery seems to be lasting about as long but when heavily used it seems to drain a bit faster. But I don't know if that because of the OS or maybe some of the apps are as efficient on this version yet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can access the volume levels from the lock screen without unlocking the device completely. I did it not less than a 15 minutes ago for a meeting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann you are correct I didn't catch that. But it doesn't always work. When I have music streaming across my bluetooth and I try and set my ringer volume my phone just vibrates and it volume won't adjust.

0 Likes
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I get no notification that anyone has responded to the post.

1. the car is a 2013 Dodge Dart and the head set is a Plantronic Voyager Legend.

2. Yes for both

For my bluetooth issue it's fairly repeatable.

Thanks for the information on the trusted device. I see it now but have to wait till I get to my car to add the device as it won't let me add a bluetooth device if it's not actively paired.

Next question with the paired devices. On my old RAZR it had something called SmartActions where when you had a specific thing pair certain things were done i.e. volume would always be maxed. This was great for when it saw I was in my car for it would always turn my volume up. Is there a way to do that on this phone now or an app that would do that?

0 Likes