Problems Texting since ICS Upgrade
coach68

Since my upgrade to ICS on my Droid Maxx, I cannot send text messages. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone got a solution? I have restarted the phone and done a force restart (Down volume and power key).

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems Texting since ICS Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's no fun!  Are you able to receive text?  Do you receive an error when attempting to send?  To rule out a complication in your area, are there any other Verizon Wireless users near you experiencing this?  Try removing the sim for 45 seconds, re-inserting the sim and retesting a text.  If you are unsuccessful, please send me an DM with your name and mobile number.  Thank you. 

TominqueB_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

See if a Clearing of the Cache Partition Might Help Or you Might Go to you text ting app and Clear the Up the Old Messages..

0 Likes
dmusmile

I'm having the same texting problem you had after the ICS upgrade.  Have you gotten a fix from Verizon? Your help is appreciated!

Dana

0 Likes
reidmania
Enthusiast - Level 1

wow, i thought it was only me! i am in louisiana, and since the upgrade, when i try to send text messages, if i try to send more than 4 words, it appears to try and convert the message to an mms msg and will not send at all! I am very frustrated, I will run into verizon tomorrow and see if they have a fix or at least let them know of the problem!

0 Likes
Anubis7120
Enthusiast - Level 3

reidmania,

Don't waste your time going into a Verizon store because you will be wasting your time. I went into 2 Verizon stores and after being treated like I was an idiot and told that the ICS update is the best thing since sliced bread my problems are still here. Don't bother calling Verizon Tech support or Motorola Tech support because they have no clue, are no help, and ignore that there are serious issues with ICS on the Razr. All I can say is you are now the proud owner of a $300 paperweight. Seriously though be happy that this is the only problem you are having.

Good luck

coach68

I have talked with Verizon several times. I have taken out the SIM card, reset the entire phone twice, and finally went to a Verizon store. They told me it sounded like the software did not load correctly and they needed to send me another phone. Well, that afternoon, my text miraculously started working again.

SO, Verizon did not help at all, it suddenly started working again. Hope yours starts working again as well. It took mine about a week.

0 Likes
dmusmile

Thanks so much for your information. After 2 days and no help from

Verizon, it suddenly started working. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best wishes!

0 Likes
emesimer

I have this same problem.  Just so "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" who didn't answer the question knows it is REAL.

0 Likes
reidmania
Enthusiast - Level 1

well, i bit the bullet and went to my local verizon store and the girl behind the counter thankfully had a razr max also and had the same issue! she called a guy named jeff in tech support and he remotely got into my phone and did his magic its been 5 hours and so far i am having no more issues. good luck with your phone. so i suggest going into your local store and see if they can help you.

0 Likes