Possible to unlock Motorola razr xt912 to use on China's CDMA network?
merryins

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Motorola Razr xt912 in the United States, but have brought it back to China where I live.  This phone was from Verizon, and so locked to the Verizon network, but in China we also use CDMA, so I figured since the razr xt912 uses a SIM and the same network, I should be able to use it here in China.  When I put my new SIM in the phone, I have bars and a signal, but the phone gives me a message that says "Please wait...this will take a few minutes" and never loads, even after waiting ages and ages, so I can't use it.  I figure this is because the phone needs to be unlocked.  I've taken it to a couple of phone guys here in Shanghai and they say they can't unlock it, but can't explain why (language difficulties), but I've had phones unlocked in the past, and it's usually as easy as just punching in a code.  So is this phone unlockable?  And if so, would I need to get a code from Verizon or just buy one off the web from an unlocking source?

Thanks for you help!  I have to admit, I'm completely in the dark here about what to do.  I was really excited about this phone, but if I can't get it to work.... Smiley Sad

Thank you! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Possible to unlock Motorola razr xt912 to use on China's CDMA network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You must be a current Verizon Wireless customer along with other requirements to qualify for a SIM unlock for the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Possible to unlock Motorola razr xt912 to use on China's CDMA network?
merryins

Thanks for the info.  Is there no other way to unlock the phone?  I'm not a Verizon customer anymore.  Even if I had an unlock code for the phone, I'm not sure if it would work--when I insert my foreign SIM card, the phone gives me a message that says "Please wait, this make take a few minutes," and has been that way for about a day now, so I'm never even prompted for an unlock code, which makes me think I can't use it on the CDMA network in China at all. 

0 Likes