Play Services and Store - Droid Turbo
Mitch1023

Hello, I have an issue with my Droid Turbo.  Looks like Google Play Services and Play Store are no longer available on my device.  Google Pay will display a message saying Google Play Services are needed for the function. I get a message saying Google Play is not supported for my device.  Any help would be appreciated. Mitch
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Play Services and Store - Droid Turbo
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My Droid Turbo 2, v7.0, has no issue with the Google Pay app.  Have you called support to see what they say?  Also Google Play services shows in my Settings->Apps v 19.4.20.  Which model Turbo do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Mitch1023

Thanks for checking in!   Play Services shows as ver. 15.0.90.  Turbo Android version 6.0.1.  System 24.91.5 quark. Hope this helps.

Mitch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mitch1023, help has arrived. Making sure you can utilize the Play Store services is important. Let's figure this out. When exactly do the messages "Google Play Services are needed for the function" & "Google Play is not supported for my device" come up? Are you doing anything, in particular, when this pops up? (For example; when texting? when using data?) Have you done any recent software updates? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if this 5 y/o phone(10-30-2014 release date) has stopped receiving updates for its android system and Google Pay requires a newer android version than the one your phone has. You may need to get a newer phone if you want to continue to use Google Pay.

0 Likes
Mitch1023

Hey All, my Playstore Icon has disappeared from my home screen.  When I select my Google Pay app the message says. Google Pay won’t run without Google Play Services, which are not supported by your device. Same message appears when I try to open Fios TV app.  Hope this helps.

Mitch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Mitch1023. What is the software version on your device? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Mitch1023

Play Services shows as ver. 15.0.90.  Turbo Android version 6.0.1.  System 24.91.5.  Last update 3/8/2017

Mitch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see if we can gain you access to the Play Store. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps select the Google Play Store and hit Force stop.

Also, clear data and cache on Google Play Services, as well as make sure to install the latest version of Google Play Services if prompted. To learn how visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116983/

Once the above steps are completed, power the phone off for 30 seconds and turn it back on. Once back on, dial #832 for a test call and try to access the Play Store. Keep us posted on how this goes.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Mitch1023

Hello.  Google Play Store is no longer listed as an app on my device.  I did clear data and cache from Play Services.  Restarted and completed call.  Attempts to download Play Store are not successful as it will not complete.

Mitch

0 Likes