Pic Messaging problems and PRL update problems.
msreardon4

Ok So the first problem is that I am not receiving Picture Messages at all. I know that my friends have sent them but they are not coming through to my phone and also my phone takes forever to send a picture message. Approximately 6-8 minutes per picture to be sent out.

Second problem is verizon's auto PRL doesn't automattically update. The only way it seems that I get a prl update is to go into verizon wireless store and get a new sim card.  WTH am I supposed to do because on a 3g device you are encouraged to call *228 every month to update it. So does this mean every month I go to verizon to get a new sim card??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pic Messaging problems and PRL update problems.
B33
Legend

To Answer Question the Answer is No.!

The Sim Card does the PRL updates Automatically when you shut the Phone off and then turn it Back on Customer service can push the PRL update if there is a new Out.. But you CAN NOT do a *228 any Longer as it can possibly Damage your Razr.! so don't use that method.. On picture Messaging your Pictures have to be a Certain size or it will not Send Check your Picture size before Sending Experiment is the Word that comes to Mind Adjustments can be maid in the Camera Settings...  Good Luck and No *228 Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You also need to be sure your cellular data is turned on to send/receive photo messages (they won't send/receive over wi-fi).

msreardon4

Trust me the sim card does not auto update the prl they say it does but i can assure you that it does not auto update the PRL. this is a common issue on verizon wireless and it is a huge annoyance.  I know not to do *228 on a 4g device because when verizon first started using SIM cards on the HTC Thunderbolt's a lot of people fried their phones.  It has actually been blocked on any 4G phone since the Thunderbolt.

On my messaging app it automatically re-sizes the Photo to the correct size of photo. I have constant problems with verizon equipment. and they are always sending me a replacement device.

0 Likes
msreardon4

I have unlimited data and my phone is never connected to wifi anyways

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As i mentioned it does the Updating threw the Sim the Sim Card has all of your Information to with then Makes the phone work as does and in threw the Sim is were the PRL is updated it might Not get updated Once a Month but it Does get updated and if the Phone doesn't do itself it can be Pushed by calling Tech Services i have had this Done before and i should Know i have one of the Old Alltel Packages and the PRL had to be Updated Quite often As Verizon Moved Things on to there System which has fully been done)  It doesn't update as much as it did but it still get's Updated...  b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets show this phone who's boss, msreardon4!

This definitely would appear like an issue we need to look into the account for and see why these messages are taking so long to send, and why those coming to you are not being delivered. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for additional help.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes