Photos deleted after kit kat update
McElrath

My wife upgraded her phone to kit kat a few days later her phone was powered down then powered back up. Upon the phone being powered back up she noticed her home screen background was changed from a pic of our daughter to a default image. When she went to her picture gallery all pictures taken after September of 2013 were gone. I tried checking for the pictures in the files section of the phone and even tried connecting it to my pc to view the photos. They are gone! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Photos deleted after kit kat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, McElrath! I can imagine how your wife is feeling with the pictures being gone from the device after the software update. From what I can tell, the pictures must not have been stored on the SD card, correct? If you remove the SD card and go to the Gallery, do you see anything there? How about when you put the SD card back in the device?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Photos deleted after kit kat update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, McElrath! I can imagine how your wife is feeling with the pictures being gone from the device after the software update. From what I can tell, the pictures must not have been stored on the SD card, correct? If you remove the SD card and go to the Gallery, do you see anything there? How about when you put the SD card back in the device?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes