Phone wont boot
mhart073

Razor Maxx HD was working fine last night. Left it on the charger overnight, and this morning its stuck on the red motorola logo that pops up during start up.

Have tried the volume/power combo to restart, and that doesn't help. Have removed the sim card, and again, the phone just appears stuck on the red logo.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone wont boot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mhart073 - I apologize for the delay as I understand this is a time sensitive matter! Have you had the opportunity to try a different charger? Does the device show any signs of physical or liquid damage? I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Phone wont boot
mhart073

No signs of damage. After multiple reboots, the phone still won't boot past the red motorola logo. Phone worked fine previous night, and was simply left on the charger on a counter over night.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Its so odd this is happening mhart073! Please try the Alternate Method Hard Reset to see if you can get past the red logo. http://vz.to/Yg68Th Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
Vanessa

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AppWorx_Bill

I had the same thing happen to mine this morning.   I get no signs of life.  Was working on the charger earlier - now nothing.  Also won't boot using the alternate method.

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good afternoon,

Have you tried a factory reset from recovery?

To get into the phone's recovery first hold both the volume up and down and then proceed to hold the power button. Do this with the phone in an off state. All three buttons need to be pressed. I always do the volume ones first just in case not to accidentally boot up the device.

A black screen with white options will appear. Use the volume down button to scroll through the options and the volume up button to select. Choose the recovery option

You should see an android guy laying on his back with a red triangle coming out of his chest. Proceed to press both the volume up and down buttons at the same time to bring up the recovery options.

Use the volume up and down to scroll through the options and the power button to choose the selected line. Choose wipe date factory reset and wipe cache partition.

Doing these will wipe all your apps, sms, mms pictures (internal only), etc). This is the only thing I can think of that you can do to help the phone boot normally.

Only other thing is to send your phone in which will either
1. They will send you a refurbished phone or
2. They will sbf your phone and send it back
Make sure to remove all cases and sd cards before doing so.

Hope I helped! Let me know!

Sincerely,
Nic

0 Likes