Phone will not charge to 100%
mcclainkb

Last night I plugged my phone is as usual, but when I woke this morning, it had turned itself off due to low battery and was only charged to 70%.  I made sure the cord had a good connection to the wall and the the phone, and everything looked good.

In the hour it took to get ready it charged an additional 10% (80% total).  However, that's where it stopped.  I've had it plugged in at work for 2.5 hours now and it is still "charging" and still at 80%.  Percentage is not going down, or up.  It does say it's charging.

I've tried 3 different chargers, and multiple outlets.

My Razr has a built in battery so I can't replace the battery without replacing the phone.  Any ideas of how to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone will not charge to 100%
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue with my original razr maxx after having it for almost a year.  I'm unable to say with 100% certainty that it was either the cord itself or the charging port in the phone.  Prior to that happening I'd notice if I moved it around while charging it would go from charging to not charging and it seemed the cord had to be in a certain position to be able to charge the phone.

Mine did the same thing yours is doing now.  What I did was lay the device on a flat surface with the cord plugged in and the phone on (I always charged it while off for maximum performance).  If this doesn't work, you may want to try a new charger and if that still doesn't work then the charging port has gone bad.  I had insurance so all I did was send the phone into the 3rd party insurance place after they sent me a new device.  That's the best I can recommend.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

do you turn the phone off to charge? i do.

0 Likes
ejf74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I always did until I had that problem.  The one method I described was the only way I could get it to charge for some strange reason was with the device on.  Of course that's unacceptable to me because you can't train the battery with the device on so it was time for a new device.

0 Likes