Phone gets extremely hot ONLY when service is shut off?
ap-814

I am hoping that someone can help me.

I love my Droid Razr and the battery life is great.  But when my service is shut off (from not paying the bill), the phone constantly gets extremely hot and won't hold a charge for more than an hour, tops.  This also leads to it randomly shutting down and restarting.  It's going to be a little while still before I can turn my service back on, but I'd still like to use wireless when available and other features like Alarm, Notepad app, etc.  But because of the overheating, I can't even use it for everyday tasks.

I've experienced this before, and as soon as I pay the bill and service is restored, I'm back to all-day battery life.

Any thoughts?  (Other than pay the bill - I know that already.  I'm looking for a technical answer, please.)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone gets extremely hot ONLY when service is shut off?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ensured that cellular data is turned off?  It could be constantly looking for a signal.

0 Likes
Re: Phone gets extremely hot ONLY when service is shut off?
ap-814

That makes sense, thank you. I just created a Smart Action (with no trigger) so I can manually toggle it on/off whenever I want.  I found that my apps have been using at least 5 times more data than normal, probably from not being able to find service when no wifi is available.  Thank you!

0 Likes