Phone can not stay connected to 4G LTE
Singed_Waffles

About 2 days ago, my phone stopped connecting to the 4G towers. I do live in a 4G area too since other phones on Verizon's network are connected to 4G with about 3-4 bars of service.  I have gone through many steps to fix this problem but nothing seems to fix it. Please help?

Here are the steps I have taken to try to resolve the problem:

Rebooted phone

Removed and put back in sim card

Formatted to Factory defults

Checked the phone settings to make sure its on LET/CDMA/EVDO

Googled tons of trouble shooting ideas and all did not work.

The weird thing about this is if I restart the antenna (putting it into airplane mode then turning the mode off) The service shows that Im connected to 4G under Menu>System Settings>About Phone>Status>Network Type and Strength.  But on the bars it shows no data for a few minutes then switches to 3G.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone can not stay connected to 4G LTE
B33
Legend

Give the App Motorola Restore Connectivity a Try See if that Works) It might be you might need a New Sim Card( Just asking when you removed the Sim Did you leave it out for at Least 5 to 10 Min.

0 Likes
Singed_Waffles

Got the app and ran it. Still on 3G. It tried to get 4G but failed.

I took the sim card out for about a few minutes. When I removed it, my phone was off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm actually experiencing a similar situation on my Nexus over the past few days. The main difference is I can't seem to connect to 3G when out of range of a 4G LTE tower. I believe it is related to the official planned network "light up" for additional 4G LTE locations on Thursday. In two ifferent areas along the route I drive and at work, I will lose a connection to a 4G LTE tower and connect to a 3G only tower. Sometimes I would switch signal seamlessly and othertimes it wwould get five or more minutes before I had a data connection. Toggling Airplane mode or switching the type of signal doesn't always work either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ann you think this might be a System Outage in some Area's Maybe!  So far i'm good on signal here in my Location.. Did a Speed Test and got a 19.82 Mps. & a 10.60 Mps.) 

0 Likes
Phone can not stay connected to 4G LTE
Singed_Waffles

So.... How can I get this to work before calling VZW?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

First Power of your Phone do a Soft Reset see if you can get a Signal when You Maxx comes back on if you can Go to the Google PlayStore and get the App i was Referring to) And download that it should help at Time when your phone is acting up) But with the Service if you can call with a Different Phone Like a Land Line call customer service and see if there either working on the Towers or if there is an outage on the System.. Here is there No. 1-800-922-0204 Option 3 Technical Services.. Good Luck b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Singed_Waffles,
Let's get your 4G up and running again!  You have completed great troubleshooting steps.  I suggest a new sim card to resolve this issues.  You can receive one at a direct Verizon Wireless store, online, or I can send one.  Which do you prefer?  Please share so I may further assist.  Thank you!

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes