**Phone Shut Down**
justryan

Recently I got a new Droid Razr for my birthday. Well it was all fine and dandy till this morning when i look down at my phone and i am going to try to check my messages but the phone screen doesnt power up. I go and see if there is a battery i can pull but there isnt, then i do a soft reset (power+down volume) and that does nothing. I then use my Ipod touch and google how to do this and i find out that you plug in your phone for around 30 mins - 1 hour. I did so and now it works, but around 10-15 mins later my phone does it all over again. So to the point, how do i prevent this from happening? Also i get a green solid notification light when its plugged in but when i unplug it, it shows nothing

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: **Phone Shut Down**
Not applicable

justryan wrote:

Recently I got a new Droid Razr for my birthday. Well it was all fine and dandy till this morning when i look down at my phone and i am going to try to check my messages but the phone screen doesnt power up. I go and see if there is a battery i can pull but there isnt, then i do a soft reset (power+down volume) and that does nothing. I then use my Ipod touch and google how to do this and i find out that you plug in your phone for around 30 mins - 1 hour. I did so and now it works, but around 10-15 mins later my phone does it all over again. So to the point, how do i prevent this from happening? Also i get a green solid notification light when its plugged in but when i unplug it, it shows nothing

Has it been less than 14 days since purchase? if it has go back to the store and have them give you a brand new phone. If after that time verizon will swap out for a refurbished phone.

Not fun I know. If you just return it and cancel out the contract there will only be a restocking fee. Better to find out now that its a problem before it acts up even more.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

justryan wrote:

Has it been less than 14 days since purchase? if it has go back to the store and have them give you a brand new phone. If after that time verizon will swap out for a refurbished phone.

Not fun I know. If you just return it and cancel out the contract there will only be a restocking fee. Better to find out now that its a problem before it acts up even more.

0 Likes
justryan

It has been less than 14 days. if i go into the store do i have to pay anything to get it swapped? Will i have the same problem again with the new one i get?

0 Likes
Not applicable

justryan wrote:

It has been less than 14 days. if i go into the store do i have to pay anything to get it swapped? Will i have the same problem again with the new one i get?

Well my friend all I can say is once you go in the Verizon Company Store if it was purchased there once they see its been less than 14 days you tell them to swap it for a brand new droid. If they give you a hard time it is then you turn it in and get your money back. Bummer is if you return the device and cancel the service there will be a $35 restocking fee. If you just get a brand new device (they cannot replace with a refurbished phone) and as with anything you buy today it may give you years of use, or just not function. We just don't know. Sorry I could not allay your fears.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a new phone is definitely exciting but having issues is no fun justryan. I would be upset to but know that we gotcha covered. Yes, the information provided by electorny  is correct. If you have had your phone less than our 14day worry free guarantee we can replace the phone as long as there is no physical or water damage. A soft reset is definitely a first step to fixing issues but I would like you to remove any problem apps downloaded to your phone. You can also enable/disable safe mode to determine if any of the new apps you downloading is causing issues. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw

0 Likes