Phone Microphone Not Working
ProgMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suddenly, my phone microphone is not working.  This only happens when using the phone as a phone (with the phone to my ear).  No one can hear me when I'm talking on the phone.  The mute button is not activated.  Oddly, the microphone itself works since I can use apps that use the microphone (Google talk, talk to text, voice commands, etc.).  The phone is speakerphone mode also works fine.  The mic simply does not work when I use the phone as a phone with my ear to the phone.  So, it is not the mic itself since the mic works with speakerphone and other talking applications.  I've cleared the cache on the phone and disabled to "OK Google" function.  Are there known apps that may interfere with the phone mic?  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this annoying issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Microphone Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ProgMan!

Let's see what's causing the problem with your ear piece! When did the issue begin? Your previous troubleshooting steps are greatly appreciated. Has your phone been exposed to any physical water damage?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ProgMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello AyaniB,

It is not the ear piece, it is the microphone that I speak into when I talk on the phone.  The phone has never been exposed to any physical water damage.  It worked fine up to a few weeks ago. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ProgMan, I am glad to hear that there is no damage to the phone. Have you downloaded anything new recently? Games, apps, software? Also, let's have you power off the phone and remove both the SIM card and Memory card, if you have one installed. Then slide them right back in and power up to test please.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes