Re: Painfully slow Razr MAXX performance
JCinVA

My husband and I have been having the same issue since last update!  So glad I found this forum.  Hopefully we can fix the issue. I am considering upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S5 in the meantime. 

0 Likes
JCinVA

Oh, another issue is I keep having to verify what keyboard I want to use.  I always use the same one, but the keyboard continually doesn't respond or responds very slowly when texting, on Facebook, etc.  It's extremely aggravating to say the least.  I see nothing on the troubleshooting site that deals with this problem.

0 Likes
karlx

My Droid Razr with 4.1.2 - Build 9.8.20_72  has been heating up and running like crap too.  I really hate this phone now.  My wife's iPhone which we bought at the same time runs perfectly.  I have only a few simple apps running and it is constantly complaining about apps being "Unresponsive-  Close?"   The real hard part is determining if it's software or hardware causing the issue.  Mine can't hold a charge for more than 6 hours now too.  What a POS! 

0 Likes
JCinVA

So I just upgraded to the iPhone 5S.  When I took my Razr Maxx into the store I decided I wanted to upgrade.  When the rep went to upload my information into my new iPhone he came back and said my phone was 5 ft into the grave, not a technical response you can prove, but I know it was really acting up lately so I'm glad I upgraded.  So far, I've had no issues with my iPhone, but I miss the way things were done on my Razr Maxx.  The main thing I don't like, which is minor, is you can't just decide to store icons on the screens to the left and right.  The iPhone stores everything on the main screen and then moves left.  But then I can't see my picture on my wall very well.  I purposely kept only the important icons on my main screen for that reason.  Yes, you can build multiple folders, but then you have to unbury them to find what you use often instead of just swiping to the left or right.  It's the little things that make us happy.  Good luck with your Razr Maxx.

0 Likes
Oilstain

I've had the same issue. My Razr Maxx has been just awful recently. I was missing calls because it was too slow to respond and I couldn't answer. While texting, I'd get no response, and then suddenly a bunch of my text would show up. Navigation was essentially disabled. Nothing worked properly, and it would get HOT, I mean cooking! It was awful and I was frustrated enough that I nearly smashed it numerous times.

Yesterday I booted into Safe Mode (hold down the volume down key during the entire boot cycle and look for "Safe Mode" in the lower left corner) and lo and behold, it was snappy again! I ran it the rest of the day in safe mode waiting for it to snag again. It worked great even this morning when the alarm went off.

Earlier today, I booted regularly and it was it's old awful self again. I've since removed every app that I had installed and disabled a bunch of the bloatware that comes with the phone (like google + and kindle, and other crap I don't use)

So far it's running great, so I'll add back an app every day or two and see what it was that wrecked it. I do know that the Amazon App Store app had been problematic previously, so that's one of my usual suspects.

If it turns out that I can add all of my apps back and still have good performance, than it was something I disabled in the bloatware. In that case, it's yet another reason Verizon should allow 3rd party ROMs or at least give me the option to remove (not just disable) the crap I didn't want to begin with.

Good luck, try Safe Mode!

0 Likes
JETBLAST737

I couldn't take it any more. I've had all of the above problems. I backed up all the data I wanted, and did a factory reset this morning. The phone is like new again. I have not had the option to update to kit kat. After reading what seems to be problems with that, I'll stick with jelley bean. Just happy to actually be able to use the phone again.

0 Likes
Chalkboard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Facebook was the culprit on my phone. Select it in Settings/Apps/All, remove all updates, force stop, then disable. My phone's performance improved greatly. I use Firefox and the Facebook mobile sight, and I love my phone again.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That sounds Great might have to Try this on my ole Droid Razr Maxx

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chalkboard,

I'm happy that you were able to troubleshoot your Razr Maxx and get it back to normal. That's awesome news to hear. Keep in mind we're here if you need us.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mgminstrell

Mine is also running ridiculously slow.  I went into the retailer who put the phone on my account, and they handed me their landline to call Tech Support- who recommended clearing cache of each app- which helped a little for the rest of the evening, but now everything is still crashing (Wait/Report/Close) and stalling, to the point of screen turning off before things are finished.

So I went into a Verizon Corporate retailer- the gal grabbed my phone and kept picking at it and caressing it, pulling the cover off/putting it back on, picking at the various compartments or even parts of the phone that do not open/remove, while telling me I could upgrade to a different phone.  NEVER had any solution for the existing phone going so slow, other than to buy a different phone.  The best she decided to guess was that since I charge it overnight, the battery must be getting too hot (like other posters mentioned, but I have never experienced) and "is about to explode" (according to this 'helpful' rep) and her "guess" was that this battery was causing all of the poor service on the phone- but she said they do not do any diagnosis for that and could not confirm that was the problem.  She seemed to have never heard this was any issue at all with anyone else- of course why would they admit a phone was poor, rather than sell you a brand new one!  I replaced my original Droid Incredible HTC as it had started going slow- but this 'new' phone is far worse!

I do not use Facebook, and don't find it installed on the phone at all, so disabling that can't be a solution.  Upon most recent power cycle today, several app shortcuts have now disappeared from the homescreens...

Anything else I can try before I reject the 'fix' to "buy a new phone"?

0 Likes