October 2015 update "Install deferred"
KamalaManring
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was so excited to see that there was a security update available for my Droid Turbo. I don't have a WiFi connection at home and not really any around me. There was a message saying that my phone was waiting on a WiFi connection to download this update. So silly me went to Settings, System Update and clicked on the button to download and install the update over my data connection. Download seemed to be normal and phone rebooted itself just like it should. Pop up said Update Installing then that apps were updating but before it finished I guess the regular screen came on. I went to Settings, System Update to see the status but it said Available Update select to continue installation there up top and a little bit down the page it said Install Deferred. Tried restarting the phone both with and without SIM card. Still getting same darn response. Oh, and when I went to reboot the 1st time I noticed something was amiss, one of my apps popped open seemingly by itself. My connection has been crap, 1x off and on all day and for a while I kept losing my data connection. And if someone tells me to do full factory reset, I am NOT going to be a happy camper. Having reoccurring flashbacks of last time I had to back up and start all over again when my phone had to be replaced due to a speaker defect. Any advice? Maybe I'll just get a cheapo phone & plan and purchase a couple sticks of dynamite for this one. Okay, not really.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: October 2015 update "Install deferred"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you keep the update deferred until you can be somewhere with a wifi connection? From what I understand about the update recently released for the DROID Turbo, it is some security patches.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KamalaManring
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my phone to the corporate Verizon store. Handed it over to an employee. He looked at it and said everything is fine but was puzzled about the message. So I asked him about the 1x when I was on a voice call and was told it was supposed to do that. Well, guess what! Now I can no longer access the web while on a voice call! Yeeeee haaaaaaave! Way to go customer service>:P

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all services working on your phone is crucial, KamalaManring. We're on the case. Aside from when you're on a voice call, what data signal do you typically see? How long has it been this way?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes