OTA 2.3.6 Failure?
MHays

I have repeatedly downloaded the OTA update and have attempted the install.

Every time it gets about 1/3 of the way done(maybe not even a full minute into it) and my RAZR restarts. After it reboots I get the message "Installation Failed"

It's getting rather annoying. I've never had a problem with any of my OTA updates.

No my device is not currently rooted.  and I installed the last update 2.3.5 >Edited to comply with VZW Forums TOS. Discussions concerning, 'Rooting/Jailbreaking' are not permitted<

I do not understand why I am having this issue. I've hard reset, power cycled, etc. I have not found the Verizon 2.5.6 update for manual download and install. I have found others but they are not %100 the final update.

Factory Data Reset is not an option for me.

anybody know what to do?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: OTA 2.3.6 Failure?
xdavis24
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the OTA updates to work, big brother Verizon does a preinstall check.  Basically, the OTA updates are going to check that all of the original Verizon bloatware is still on the phone as well as check that the boot animation has not been changed.  Essentially, if you rooted the phone in order to uninstall any app, you won't be adble to do the OTA update unless you get the phone back to stock.

I used the following to get my phone back to stock:  http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/forum/21-droid-razr-development/.  In this forum there are two threads for a droid razr utility (assuming you have the razr based on tags) - one for windows, one for linux/mac. The utility will 're-stockify' your phone so to speak so you can use the OTA update.

0 Likes
MHays

See that's what I figured, but When I did the last OTA update(The one that was supposed to fix the service issues that was also 150mb) it unrooted my phone and worked fine. I'll try this link and let you know!

I only deleted a few stock apps anyway. I'm sure I could get them back from market or 4shared

0 Likes
MHays

This wont work for me.

This has to be done with a ROOTED Razr. 2.3.5 Unrooted my RAZR

I need to re-bloatify my RAZR.

So far I've manually restored a few apps.

I think I just need madden 12 but its hard to find the file.

I also don't remember if I deleted some apps through titanium that didn't actually show in the app drawer.

also I changed the Hotspot in SQL editor.  Do I need to change back what I did in SQL?

Or would a Factory Reset fix everything?

re-bloatify and all?

0 Likes