Nougat wifi issuses
unknownwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone have issues maintaining wifi connection after nougat update?

Labels (2)
Re: Nougat wifi issuses
SPIEH

Yes after android 7.0 update my wifi is disconnecting constantly. It actually causes the battery to drain faster disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi regularly. Also my phone rebooted twice on its own for no reason after the update.

0 Likes
unknownwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got it to connect to an open wifi but still won't stay connected to my home wifi. I have reset the wifi settings on the phone, cleared cache partition, and factory reset. I don't know what else to try and fix the issue...

0 Likes
TWOTRAC1

factory reset didn't help either? That's the only thing left I was going to try but I don't want to do it if I don't have to.

0 Likes
SPIEH

My co-worker has a similar problem on a Google Pixel phone after he was upgraded to 7.0 Our WiFi works perfectly at home but at our work it is totally unreliable frequently disconnecting and reconnecting. The difference is the routers. My home router is older and can only do 2.4 GHz bands. Our work routers are newer and can do both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands. I believe that the phone is switching between the 2.4 and 5 band ranges over and over which is causing it to disconnect and reconnect all the time. I also read on other forums that Android removed the functionality to tell your phone to only connect on the 2.4 band. I think this is a bug/issue to be resolved with Android OS not with the phone.

0 Likes
unknownwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spent 1.5 hours on the line with tech support and it currently seems like

it's just our home router. Are other people only having issues with one

network or all wifi? Either way if you could call tech support about it so

they can see it's not just a couple people having the issue, it might have

them actually look into the update rather than just blame our router.

0 Likes
bmcswusnavy

I've had the same issue since the update.  My phone wouldn't connect to the home wifi unless I was right next to it.  I installed Wifi Analyzer and the signal seemed to bounce around a lot.  I contacted Fios support and we reset the router, etc.  Eventually, I had them send me a new router,  Unfortunately, I still had the same issue after installing the new router.  I did some more research and discovered an app called FXR WiFi fix and rescue.  After the app does it's thing, you restart the phone.  When it reboots, bluetooth and wifi are turned off.  It was at this point that I realized that the bluetooth and wifi weren't playing nice.  I turned the wifi on and everything was great.  I turned the bluetooth on and the wifi dropped off again.  Grrrr...  It's a pain, but at least I finally figured out how to stay connected to the wifi when I'm at home by turning the bluetooth off.  I hope they fix it soon.

0 Likes
unknownwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found it to be the wms power saver setting on the router that was causing

issues for us, but I could only do it on the band I was using the phone on

if I did both it still wouldn't maintain wifi. Bluetooth didn't effect

anything for me. I also don't know if it's just duel band routers or not.

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017, 6:27 AM bmcswusnavy <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
BARING88

I learned on another thread that the Security & Privacy app was causing a problem.  After the 7.0 update last night, my wifi would continually give "connected" and "disconnected" notifications.  After disabling that app via the application manager, it stays connected.

The version shown for Security & Privacy is 5.0.40. 

0 Likes
BARING88

Note that I can't even find an app icon for Security & Privacy in the normal Apps area, so I don't know if there are finer-grained settings for the app.  I finally found it by going to Settings/Apps/Application Manager/.  Security & Privacy appears there with a Verizon icon.  There the only options are to disable/force stop/uninstall updates.  I chose "disable".

0 Likes