Nougat update, not my phone's friend
Dds318
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Nougat update I have had so many issues.  My phone is slow and takes forever to even make a call.  I know it isn't a memory thing because I am not even using half.  It is all the update.  I have had to reinstall some apps to make them work again, but still they take forever to get functional.  I have always used Verizon Messages because it turns on automatically when I get in my car for safe driving, but it freezes while I am typing.  Not sure how the others are working.  Also, with the new update, my battery is dying faster, and it seems like at 50% it is a rapid loss of power.  My battery used to last me through the whole day, now I barely make it out of work. Like you, I want my phone back.  I loved it the way was.  Verizon, please find a fix.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nougat update, not my phone's friend
NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dds318Texastoast513Beach2017Ann154

Finally got really SMART VZW rep on Twitter... Had me make sure  Settings > Advanced Calling was ENABLED.  THEN ....  power off phone and put it into safe mode and  then test the MMS, embedded email images, email attachments and internet while on a call (it worked!!!!!!) and then power off and restart in normal mode.

Smiley Happy All the internet-related and MMS features all working. I dunno why ... but success!!!!!! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Texastoast513
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here!  Called Verizon, said they could do nothing. Had various responses from 3 calls to Samsung with no help, even after being sent to Best Buy for 2 hours. And finally, Samsung blames Google. I am so angry I'm ready to buy an iphone

Beach2017
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having same problems/issues.  This was a new Galaxy S7 I just purchased November 2016.  Worked beautifully and now total [Removed].  So many issues, and I don't even use it hardly now.  I've been using my work cell phone which is a Galaxy S6 with/out the Nougat update.  I've called Samsung 4 times and also went to Best Buy.  No help at all!  My next stop is the Verizon store to return the phone because I simply can't use it.  My eyes are bad and I'm not able see even see the system time at the very top of the right side of the screen bigger.  It's a font that can be resized.  It's the system fonts.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone screen will not go off during calls any more. 3 hr conf call, battery drained. Kept mistakenly pressing call end

MMS messages using stock note 5 messaging app wont send or download when received if I'm on call

* Call sound quality degraded immediately after Nougat

0 Likes
Texastoast513
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung had me contact Google. Phone 1-855-836-3987.  Also sent me a survey where I listed some of my issues with nougat. They were unable to fix any issues but at least I was able to register my complaints to the source who created this atrocious upgrade of Nougat. Worst User Interface ever.  Will never buy a Samsung again. New Iphone in my future.

NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dds318Texastoast513Beach2017Ann154

Finally got really SMART VZW rep on Twitter... Had me make sure  Settings > Advanced Calling was ENABLED.  THEN ....  power off phone and put it into safe mode and  then test the MMS, embedded email images, email attachments and internet while on a call (it worked!!!!!!) and then power off and restart in normal mode.

Smiley Happy All the internet-related and MMS features all working. I dunno why ... but success!!!!!! 🙂

0 Likes
Slacker93
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the same boat with all of you.  Note 5 went from being one of my favorite phones to something I LOATH.  I blame google because nougat is horrible to use but Verizon supposedly doesn't release new code until they test it on the equipment they support!!!!!! What they HECK did you test on?  This was not tested at ALL.  Not sure what I am going to do.  I was going to go with an S8 but might switch to iPhone since apple did it right and does not let verizon screw things up.  Is there a way to downgrade to 6.0?

NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Calling customer service (hour) didn't help, going to a REAL Verizon corporate store didn't help (hr), talking to Samsung didn't help (hour). But ... Twitter rep took responsibility and fixed my issues. Plz try them. I now LOVE Nougat!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
david_r1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. Lots of lag between screen taps and app switches. Worst update I've seen.

NomusaMagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

[Removed] Verizon blamed Samsung, Samsung blamed Verizon. They all blamed Google. I ONLY pay Verizon. Right? After HOURS in Best Buy (told to get Samsung Experienice staff to flash my phone BUT no cord she tried would allow my phone to connect to her laptop) and Verizon, getting transferred to Samsung ... And 2 factory resets (ughhhhhhhh ... have to go back to my employer's IT TWICE to get all of my permissions again for VPN, RAS token, email ... and the personal stuff lost on top of it) .... finally got Verizon to agree to send replacement (better be here in next 20 mins since I had to pay $14 shipping!!) for FREE vs $150. My phone was FINE before they pushed out Nougat. BB rep said they have been super busy becuase VZW customer service sending everyone with broken phones to THEM. Their belief is that VZW pushed out Nougat TOO early with TONS of bugs and now they put ppl thru [Removed] to get this fixed.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator