Re: Not receiving all text messages
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue with my Razr Maxx about 3 weeks ago and was told the exact same thing about a update. My suggestion to you is to call up and ask for a tech support supervisor. Demand a resolution. They will try to say you live in a marginal coverage area, even if you don't. It is obviously a device issue that Verizon needs to take responsibility for. When you talk to the Tech support supervisor demand a credit for your texting service until the problem gets fixed. 

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw the Verizon release for the update so I know it just got released Friday. If it doesnt get fixed you can always do the Verizon trade in...I got a guaranteed quote for $200 good for 30 days but then you need to buy aphone at full price. Verizon is unwilling to make any compromises on this issue. I have sopken with supervisors. They dont even care if they lose customers!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Shelly there Going threw the Soak test for the Update as i'm Typing!  if all things work out We will see it Roll out Tomorrow or the Middle of this Week Possibly. You don't need to take you phone Back there are ways to get you Text Messages Going Again..

Try this Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select All.. Scroll all the Way Down to Text Messaging Tap to Go in Clear Cache ,Clear Data,   Force Stop  Hit your Home To Close out.. then Perform a Soft Reset Hold your Power an Down Volume at the Same Time Till your Maxx shuts Off Re lease the Buttons Let it come back on it self an go threw the Pre-checks before you Mess with it. Once it's Done. Go an retry your Messages see if they Work again.

If this does not Work you may have to Do a System Cache Clear Now it's not a Factory Reset But it will clear things that can Hang Up.

Do what i Suggested First if that does fix the Issue then try the System Cache Clear But you may have to do a Factory Reset But i wouldn't get Rid of my phone Just because it Can't get all the Text Messages.. B33 Smiley Happy 

Click on here to follow to How to Do a System Cache Clear /  And Factory Reset...

FACTORY RESET FOR RAZR AN RAZR MAXX

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but I have done all that stuff....my phone has been factory reset 3 times....the Droid razr sucks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok is your Razr in Question under the 14 Day Return or Past it..

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

No past it ....I have it since Dec and this didnt start happening until they did an update prob in march...and hotmail with their mail app sends blank emails...I hate this phone

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well if you can hang a little Longer there is as Update that's Cumming but it's in Soak right Now but if it's Working with Now issues We could see it as early as Tomorrow Meaning Mon. Tue. or Wed,  An it will take a bit to push out threw the states but it Get to all of Us An this update might just be what you Looking for..b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am sure not getting messages can be frustrating but the one thing that gets overlooked, issues of not receiving or users not receiving a message that the device reports as sent could be a network issue on Verizon's or the other users carrier.

Do anyone have the receipt or read receipt option enabled on your device?  I used this option to verify if the messages is at least being transmitted to and from network.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Glad something might be coming to help with problems, mine still not receiving all text messages and some of mine don't get delivered

0 Likes
mshort

I fixed my problem by filing a complaint with the Better Business Buearu. I got a call from corportate office in New Jersey within 2 days after filing my complaint. They said they would send me a brand new phone to replace the refurbished one they sent me to replace the one I bought, which they did. I told them does it make since to send me a refurbished phone after I just spend $250 on a brand new phone within the past month. That's like going out and buying a brand new car and within a month it screws up and they say hey well we can't give you another new car but we can give u a used one for the same price lol. I have insurance for the stupid phone. Doesn't make sense!!

The lady I spoke to from the "corporate" office did advise me it was an issue with the phone that is why they were sending updates out to fix the problem. Well when the update came out my phone wasn't fixed. She did advise that all new phones sent out wouldn't have a problem.

The Verizon Technical Support was admit it wasn't their problem but couldn't come up with a solution to fix the problem besides doing resets to my phone and sending me a used phone. This went on for a month so I was fed up and decided to fix it on my own, which it got fixed fast with a complaint filed.

I have never had this problem with Verizon so not sure what is going on here!

0 Likes