Not receiving all text messages
mshort

I am not receving all of my text messages. These textes are from other Verizon customers, family, friends, etc. I ordered my razr maxx last month ($250) and it didn't even last one month til I started having problems receiving text messages. Technical Support has reset my phone several times and said well we can send you a new phone ( meaning refurbised ) to see if it's just the phone. Well they sent me a refurbished phone and guess what I am still not receving all my text messages. I also have missed 2 calls and I only know that because my voicemail thing came up stating I had a new voicemail. I have seen other people with the same problem online but no solution to fix the problem. Verizon's technical support is no help (they said well since you are able to send and receive text messages its working fine, this is BS) so anyone else that could help me I greatly apprecaite it. I have been with Verizon for 15 years and have never had this problem what's any other phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving all text messages
cyncyn

I am having the exact same problem. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them. Two days alone I spent over 5 hours. I have had the phone wiped clean twice. New SIM cards didn't help either. Along with this I am being charged international texting when I text my daughter who lives 5 miles away. All I get from Verizon is that they will upon a ticket and check it out. Then they contact me back and say they don't see a problem. They sent me a used phone that was all scratched and the back of it was so warped you could not even read the motorola on it. I sent them back the used phone. Now I am also being charged for games I do not even have on my phone along with the international texting rates. They have offered to send me another used phone and that is totally unacceptable. I have been a customer for 8 years and never had a problem until I bought the motorola razr.

0 Likes
mshort

Well Verizon Technical support was suppose to contact me Tuesday via phone @ 1030am, which they did not to resolve this problem. Looks like I will be filing a complaint since nobody wants to help me with this problem. I contacted Motorola and they advised not their problem either. It's sure not my problem!

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Same here not receiving all texts and found out some dont get mine

0 Likes
kimmrz

I had this issue with my Fascinate, which I LOVED otherwise. It took them months to agree there was a software problem and let me upgrade my phone to something else. But I had to pay the upgrade price for the phone, even though I had paid FULL PRICE for my Fascinate when I bought it. Getting to the point where everyone on my plan (5 of us) will be moving to a pay-as-you-go plan offered by someone else as their contracts expire Smiley Sad due to the lousy customer support from Verizon.

0 Likes
mshort

So i spoke to Verizon Technical support again today and they are advising that there is a update that is suppose to come out tomorrow or within the next few days to fix getting sms messages, etc on the Razr Maxx. Once i download it when it comes out and it does not work, I will filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau. I have had enough with Verizon and their so called "technical support".

0 Likes
39lavoie

I have the same exact issue.  I've replaced my phone already.  They've also opened (and closed) a trouble ticket saying they've resolved the problem.  The strange thing is that if you look online at your usage, it will show a record of receiving all your text messages.  Of course, they aren't all on your phone.  So how is this not a phone software issue?

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

me too...i have spoken to verizon many times and they are no help!  i am so frustrated!

so i just got off the phone with verizon and an update 6.12.181 should arrive within 2 weeks...on the add for the update it says improved text messaging delivery

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Shellymc13  If you have allot of text Messages Do this:

Clear your Inbox: Tap your Text Messages Icon Once Then Tap your Settings An a white Box will appear Tap {Select Multiple}: Then you will See your Messages Slide to the Right an Little Check boxes will Appear Check all or ones you want to Clear: Tap Em Then Hit Delete:  If you have a Mess of them an Most Girls i Know Due Get Rid of them all to let The New ones Stream in. Ok

Shelly Let me know if that Worked out for ya.. b33 Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I had already done that tons of times. Thanks anyway

0 Likes