Not Receiving All Texts (Especially from iPhones)
yanushs21
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the past I had a Samsung Stratosphere I and I recently purchased this Droid Razr Maxx. However, on both smartphones, I've seemed to be experiencing the same problem, and that is that it often loses messages from iPhones. I would be having a conversation with someone and I would usually end up sending the last text message and not hearing back from the other person because I do not receive their text message. This also sometimes happens with other android phones, not only iPhones.

I want to understand why this happens. It happens about once a day and it's been occurring for the past few years now!

Labels (2)
Re: Not Receiving All Texts (Especially from iPhones)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yanushs21,

Oh my! Let's get your text messages back up and running! Does this happen to all iPhones users? Are you having any issues with other users? When did this issue start? Please advise so we can further assist.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

marycat69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having similar difficulties. My sent messages seem to be going through just fine, but in the middle of conversations, I will intermittently not receive message(s).  The occurs with both Droid and iPhones. Verizon and non-Verizon customers.  I have called Verizion Support, they opened a ticket and did a few days investigation, but couldn't find anything.  But the situation is becoming more and more frequent and is very frustrating.  They only thing tech suggested was that my coverage was "spotty" but this happens when I'm at home (not moving or changing towers) as well as at work (in the city with full 4G/wifi coverage).  Not to mention this only began to happen in the last 4-5 months (not too long after the last update).  These messages also NEVER appear.  Not even when I restart my phone.  They're just never received.  I am using no aftermarket apps for texts.  Please help.  I'm missing important texts and people feel I'm ignoring them.

0 Likes
lyndr
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here-can receive just fine on my iphone BUT all morning EVERY text getting message failed to send....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you Tried Sending messages out to your iPhone from your Maxx and then from your iPhone back I've done this before with my two Razr's)  Have you also tried power cycling your Razr Maxx you might try that and it may not hurt to run a Clearing of the System Cache Partition.. b33

0 Likes
marycat69
Enthusiast - Level 2

B33, I'm super ignorant to this stuff.  I have no idea what "cycling" is or how to clear my system cache (Verizon Support did have me go into the Text App and Clear Cache that way).  I just don't want to do anything to clear my entire phone. unless that's my only option

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No No you are not ignorant: Sometimes these little devices challenges us with all the stuff they have built into them but again your not ignorant)  Ok to do a Power Cycle it's really easy lets it do it first see how it goes

To power cycle  (this is with the phone on)  Hold down your lower volume and your Power button at the same time let the phone shut off keep holding for 25 seconds then re-lease the buttons let the phone come back on by it self give it few minutes then try sending a message)  Hopefully doing the power cycle will get it going again if does not let me know.. K

0 Likes
Montel2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

Try going to->settings->data usage->make sure it is set to "On", then scroll down list to locate and select your text app. Scroll to bottom of app screen and make sure "Restrict background data'' is "OFF".

->settings->more->wireless 7 networks->mobile networks-> ''Data enabled over mobile networks"?  Check box.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lyndr - We need to get your messages sent! May I ask your zip code to reference the area? Does the performance change after restarting the device? I look forward to working with you!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
lyndr
Enthusiast - Level 2

01821..was normal in afternoon but was again terrible yesterday-it either failed or told me it failed and sent triple texts???

0 Likes