Re: No WiFi after Jelly Bean Update
Not applicable

revereb wrote:

Ever since my Droid Razr Maxx updated to Jellybean, it won't connect to the wifi in my home. It will everywhere else though. My sister has Jellybean and her phone connects to the wifi at home with no problem. I went to Verizon countless times and all they would do is connect my phone to their wifi and it would work. They are telling me to get a new router, but why would I if my sister's phone connects? My brother also has the same phone as I do. After the update his phone connects to the wifi in his home. This is clearly a Verizon problem. I think it is preposterous that I cannot get a new phone that works. 

Maybe their modems are up to date. Maybe they are different  routers than your router. if you go out and buy a modem and it works then its money well spent. you go out and buy one and it doesn't function then you return it. No harm there. (I mean router to buy not modem) (modems can be swapped out with your broadband provider)

0 Likes
EMarioC
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what do you do when you stop in a Starbucks? Ask the barista for carmel machiato and A CISCO?

procam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly!!!  These so-called "helpful, normal, I'm just a customer like you" people on here telling me it's MY problem my router is no longer supported - I think it's time we say, "No thanks, I'll keep my router, it works just fine, but what I am getting rid of is Verizon."

0 Likes
Not applicable

Most of us are just here trying to help other customers solve problems.  We're generally looking for practical solutions and don't have an ax to grind with Verizon or anyone else.  Switching to another provider would certainly be one possible solution, but probably not the quickest, easiest, or most cost effective.

0 Likes
butchdon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went by the V store. They tried a new SIM card. Did not work. Nothing worked until they did the factory reset. Most of the purchased apps are gone as well as the free ones, even though they "saved" my stuff. I still have my contacts. My photos were save to my mem card.

Now I have to see if there is any recourse. This should NOT happen with a software update. I hope my apps are just hiding somewhere.

0 Likes
EMarioC
Enthusiast - Level 2

It sold also be noted that's is not every RAZR nor every RAZR HD. It is hit and miss. There must be another variables.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's exactly why I keep coming back to the conclusion that if you do a factory reset and clear the cache, then do the JB install, you should be OK.  The reason I think this is correct is that's exactly what I did.  That also brings me to the conclusion that phones that are having problems are due to some combination of corrupted files, installed apps, or defective phones.  I don't know, but perhaps Verizon should have built a factory reset and cache clear into the JB install process for all phones.

0 Likes
EMarioC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Indeed there are multiple things going on here. However, the forums are rapleat with those who have done factory resets and still have issues.

Technology you know...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe they needed to do the factory reset and cache clear first, before the JB install?  IDK.  Of course, how would they know that?  I normally would not have done that except I had modded my phone and deleted some apps, so I knew I could not do the JB without a factory reset.

0 Likes
EMarioC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update, with my replacement Maxx HD if found that at first the WiFi was great then as the day went on it got worse and worse. I decided to do a factory reset even though it was a new or refurbished phone. Well, so far so good. WiFi is working very well. Connected to two different location as both did very well. We will see if it lasts.

0 Likes