Re: No USB icon/option in my status bar/shade!
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My Droid Turbo 2 is running Android 7.0.  If I tap SETTINGS and SEARCH for USB, Select USB Configuration is an option.  I have Developer Options ON (has to be ON to change settings) and Select USB Configuration which is set to MTP (Media Transfer Protcol) which allows transfers AND charging.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Edvasicek
Enthusiast - Level 2
SOLVED

BTM340

Could it be because you are using a Microsoft Exchange app (like Outlook) and your company admin has restricted access by policy?  I'm having the same issue and I also noted that my "System Settings" menu is missing.  I DO have Microsoft Exchange mail on my phone...

Very interested to hear if this IS the cause ..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BTM340,

Being able to utilize your phone as USB is fundamental, and I can understand the need to have this function work properly. Let's dig into this further with you and get a solution in place that meets the need. I know you mentioned you have an Exchange account on your device, and this very well could be causing the restriction depending on the admin settings. Nevertheless, we want to make sure you are able to do what you need with your phone.

First, what specific Droid device are you using with us? What type of information/media are you looking to transfer to your computer? When you plug your device in, what populates on your phone as options for plug-in types? This will be seen at the very top of the notification bar on your phone.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes