No Signal on Droid Razr (not maxx)
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

EDIT: I figured out it's my TV/dish interfering with the phone signal, once I moved away it came right back and went to Normal. Did get the SIM replaced. So just a warning to everyone with this phone, try to keep it as far away from any kind of radio interference as possible!

Also, if all else fails, get the SIM replaced. When I took mine to the store, the guy showed me how scratched mine had become!

For some reason my phone has started (Again) losing all signal and turning itself on and off.

I had this issue before but it resolved itself and now it's doing it again. Have taken the SIM card out and cleaned it and did everything everyone here has said to do. But I'm just wondering if maybe the weather could be causing it since it's been raining so much here? (I live in Georgia)

So yeah. Just thought maybe I could get opinons from other people who have had this same issue Smiley Happy

Message was edited by: Christina Harris

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Signal on Droid Razr (not maxx)
JoshatClemson

Christina,

I'm having the same issue as far as losing signal goes. Noticed it yesterday and it JUST happened again. Goes from 3 bars of 4GLTE to No Service. I have the RAZR running stock ICS.

Josh

0 Likes
B33
Legend

ChristinaM have a Look at my two post here on Sim Cards: The best way to clean a Sim Card is with what i Mentioned in my Second Post Here Labeled 49. Droid Razr Keeps restarting..

Sim Cards Installments Don't Touch that Gold!..

49. Re: Droid RAZR keeps restarting

0 Likes
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

NOTE: mine is the Maxx version

I just encountered the same issue.  It has no signal, and it is continuously rebooting.  I talked to Verizon and we conference called Motorola.  They had me do a Factory reset, and I got as far as selecting my language before it rebooted again. 

Since my phone is less than 90 days old Moto offered to fix it.  But for one it takes those 24 hours just to email me the shipping label to send them the phone.  Then they said it would take 5 business days to look at it.  This is horribly unacceptable. 

Since I am paying the extra monthly fee for Verizon’s coverage, they offered to send me out one today.  While I rather have my unit fixed rather than a used recertified one I would also have it in my hands sooner than later. Plus Motorola’s customer service just seemed unreliable and left me with little confidence that I would have it returned in a timely manner. 

0 Likes
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't even tried to contact Motorola because everyone here says they get no help. I've tried everything and it seems like taking the SIM card out and puting it back in helps some, but it still does it. But it's funny only how it only does it late at night (about midnight/one AM) but not anytime else. I just plug it up to the charger and let it do it until it fixes itself because I don't know what else to do. I'm just hoping Verizon will have a fix to this soon.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It might be time to try a New Sim Card. One thing i have made a Point to Many Make sure if you do get a Replacement it's Handled by it's Edges Sim Cards When touched don't operate Very well. Between the Static Electricity & the Oils on our fingers it's a toxic Soup for a Sim Card.

0 Likes
No Signal on Droid Razr (not maxx)
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I downloaded the Motorola Restore Connectivity app and tried it, and now it's working perfectly. The only time I have zero service now is when I go into my bedroom, and when I walk into another room and restart it, I get  3G/4G service, or, when I went to my aunts, 1X bars. Gonna see if this good news will continue!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is a Good app to Use..

0 Likes
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well it went back to acting crazy again so I tried the eraser idea for cleaning, and that didn't seem to help at all, and I'm not getting any error like it's not picking up the card. And with the constant rebooting it's not helping my battery.

Trying the Factory Reset to see if this solves the issue

0 Likes
ChristinaM
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reset seemed to help for awhile, but now it's doing it again. Just shut the phone competley off for the night and will try to fool with it in the morning

I'm just getting really frustrated because It just keeps happening no matter what I do and I can't really afford to get another SIM card when it may not even fix the issue.

0 Likes