No Data Connectivity
jcruz

I've been having connectivity issues since about 5 a.m. this morning. I go from no data / no phone to 5-bar phone and 3G and back to nothing. Pulled SIM card twice, phone support not helpful. Anyone else around the Central Ohio area having issues today? One co-worker also only has 3G when we are in a (typically) very good 4G area.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Data Connectivity
tx350z

No 3G in the Dallas Tx area this morning. Suspect this is a nationwide problem.

0 Likes
CLECOL

j,

I am in Central Ohio as well, and yes I am having issues with data connectivity as well.  I do not even have 3G.

0 Likes
nyg180

I was having the same issue, here is San Antonio TX.  I eventually, went to the Verizon store and requested another SIM card.  The representative at the store stated if the issue continues, just request to have the phone replaced.

0 Likes
tx350z

What!?!? Replace the phone? That is totally braindead. Their data network is down so the Verizon store is trying to use it as an excuse to sell you a new phone? Here is a news flash, with the data network down they can't activate a data plan on the new phone!

0 Likes
tx350z

It appears the 3G network just came back up in the Dallas, TX area.

0 Likes
CLECOL

Perhaps nyg has been having longstanding issues.  I just hopped on here to see how widespread this issue was, as I know 4G tends to go down somewhat often.  I just wanted to make sure it was not, in fact, my phone which it appears not to be.

0 Likes
CLECOL

Finally tried restarting phone.  4G appears to be working again.

0 Likes
redfoxtjg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Michigan and had no data connection early this morning.  I restarted my phone and it came back on.  I've noticed this morning it has come and gone a couple times.  This last time I lost data, I updated the roaming and its working again. 

0 Likes
Taylor44

Talked out of iPhone by Verizon Sales Person. Had seen posts of data service loss but didn't experience it until 2 days ago.

Thanks to these posts, I rebooted phone and got it back but for how long? 4G was the salesperson's biggest selling ploy.

Phone only 3 weeks old. Verizon needs to get their network tobemore dependable if we're paying upwards of $300 for this phone/service.

0 Likes