New update issues: waiting to sync issues, loss of tethering, and Verizon's inability to fix problems.
hkacpa

After the recent phone update, several issues affected my Droid Razr Max phone and two very bad experiences dealing with Verizon support.

First, they canceled tethering my computer to my phone after 4 years of use and stated it had been illegal and the update fixed this issue. Now I would have to pay +/- $360 per year to use via a hotspot. This was not a change in contract, just fixing an illegal activity. Also, they had the right to change my 2 year contract whenever they wanted to change it.

Second, my e-mail system became stuck in a perpetual waiting to sync. After trying several solutions from the forum with no success, I called support and I was told that they were unaware of any syncing issues and it was an isolated incident with my phone. I told them I was receiving all my e-mails via yahoo andgmail without issue and even the e-mails through their corporate app via new e-mail notifications but not if I went to their corporate email icon. Also, everything else on my phone was working fine. The only solution they could provide was a factory re-set. I refused stating that was too time consuming and it really sounded like they were just trying something, anything. I am sure it would have fixed the issue since my phone would be completely wiped and I would have to re install all of my e-mail accounts and apps.

Problem solved using forum comments.

First, I created separate yahoo and gmail accounts and quit trying to use the corporate e-mail icon for any yahoo, gmail, or non corporate account. Finally, after 30 hours of waiting to sync, it stopped. Then I selected my corporate e-mail in the corporate e-mail icon and it works fine now. I am still trying to delete the yahoo and gmail in the corporate e-mail but there are no issues from leaving them there for now. If I do try to access yahoo or gmail via the corporate e-mail, the waiting to sync will return. Be patient.

So, setup separate accounts using yahoo, gmail, and use the corporate e-mail only for corporate accounts without merging any other e-mails there. The waiting to sync will eventually go away.

DO NOT reset your phone to factory settings unless you really need something worthless to do for the day. My issue was isolated to e-mail and only arose after Verizon updated my phone for the new software. Isolated issues are cause by specific issues in their software and Verizon should be able to fix them on their side.

Last, hope that Verizon will fix the issues with new updates before loading onto our phones and will quit changing our contracts to add fees for existing free services via these "upgrades".

Labels (2)
0 Likes