Re: New software - Jelly Bean / 4.2 upgrade for RAZR MAXX (XT912)...
rcschnoor
Legend

I agree with Ann, the upgrade was announced for the HD series, not 1 phone specifically. See HERE and HERE.

0 Likes
itino72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im sorry, Yes the update is only for the hd and Maxx HD. sorry misread i guess

0 Likes
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

I also read that there would be an improvement to the camera... I bought the RMHD knowing that the camera wasn't a great one, but I was at least hoping for better than my MOTO Photon from Sprint and unfortunately it's worse than that one.. I'll take extreme battery-life any day over a camera, but it sure would be nice to have camera optics that was on par with the quality of the device.   

0 Likes
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

compliments of PhoneDog

Motorola DROID RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD Jelly Bean update now rolling out

Verizon Motorola DROID RAZR HDVerizon recently announced that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update would begin rolling out to Motorola DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD this week, but at that time, the big red carrier neglected to mention exactly when the new software would begin pushing. It looks like owners of those two handsets didn't have to wait long to start getting a taste of Jelly Bean, as Motorola has confirmed on its official blog that the update is now rolling out to both devices. The update will be rolling out in phases, so don't fret if it hasn't made its way to your neck of the woods quite yet. Moto also says that a manual update will be made available soon.As we noted last week when Verizon first made this update official, DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD users can expect this 276MB update to bump them up to software version 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Included are Jelly Bean goodies like Google Now and an improved keyboard along with improvements to voice and data connectivity. The full changelog as posted by Verizon last week is available below. Any owners that'd like to check for their Jelly Bean update can head into Settings > About phone > System updates, and if nothing comes up, you'll have to just keep an eye on your notifications area for that little update alert. Be sure to let us know once you finally move up to Jelly Bean! VOICE SEARCH

• Sometimes you’d rather just speak your search query. Android lets you search the web with your voice, and it’s convenient for getting quick answers on the fly. It speaks back to you and is powered by the Knowledge Graph, bringing you precise answers and ranked search results.

NOTIFICATIONS

• Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls, share photos and more. Notifications are expandable and you scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more.

SMART KEYBOARD

• More accurate and relevant dictionaries have been implemented. Jelly Bean’s keyboard guesses the next word before you type it and voice typing now works even when you don’t have a data connection, and text-to-Speech capabilities have been improved.

GOOGLE NOW

• Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day, know how much traffic to expect before you leave for work and when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. Cards appear throughout the day automatically.

ADDITIONAL JELLY BEAN ENHANCEMENTS

• Move between Home screens with more intuitive graphics and smooth transitions.
  • Enjoy more reactive and uniform touch responses.

SOFTWARE UPGRADES

• Improved voice and data connectivity.
  • Native calendar settings have been improved for a better user experience.
  • Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
  • Time stamp shown in outgoing multimedia has been corrected.

APPLICATION UPDATES

• Video calling portal and Accessories Application has been preloaded.
  • Verizon Video has been removed.
  • Color Application has been removed.
  • Fully integrated Amazon app suite has been preloaded (includes Kindle, Amazon MP3, IMDb, Audible, and Zappos).
alfred_in
Contributor - Level 1

I found this on the Talk Android site.. looks like Midnight tonight Jellybean will begin a push.  Enlarge the picture and read the text on the card...

Motorola_Jelly_Bean_Xmas_Mailer.jpg

0 Likes
gkzgstuart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now if we can only get the push for the Droid Razr MAXX (XT912 - non-HD) version!  Thanks for the info.

Gary

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JellyBean is on my phone, Razr Maxx HD, as we speak.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Someone went shopping yesterday? 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually got it Tuesday after I had seen the update already being pushed out to some Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD phones on display in the Verizon store.

Woke up this morning and it was on my phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

Actually got it Tuesday after I had seen the update already being pushed out to some Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD phones on display in the Verizon store.

I'd seen your posts about waiting to upgrade until JB was pushed and that you were gonna get a Razr HD, so figured you were gonna be shopping soon.    Guess I'll have to go shopping, too, if I want JB ... once it's available for my Bionic, if I install it, I'll lose my webtop functionality.