Re: New Droid MAXX won't activate
Gregc72
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an issue since last Tuesday. It finally got to IT yesterday. It's a "known" issue and IT is being mum on any details other than they are working on it. I've spent over 10 hours on the phone with CSR's and tier 2 support and now am dealing directly with the regional Presidents office. Even they are giving me the same ole same ole "IT is working on it, don't call us, we'll call you" tag. They need to get someone in IT that has a clue and can fix this issue, and be forthcoming with information other than we are working on it.

I'll gladly take my unlimited data back for all the trouble I've had.

RadialXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

HAHAHA, is that reply from VZW for real? absolutely PATHETIC!!!!! I think the only pillow being used is by your sleeping IT department!!!! Hurry up and fix this problem! So lets see, we have equipment we cant use, but have spent money on(including accessories), we have all been on the phone with multiple CSR employees for MANY MANY hours each.... and from what is being said, the higher ups could careless about it.......awesome!!! big question is, what can they even do at this point to keep us as customers? I for one have had about enough and ready to jump ship, anybody else?

0 Likes
joshiii

I'm having the same issue.  I have called the number to start the activation process, also tried online.  Booted the phone, failing every time.  I have removed the SIM multiple times, the last time was over night, put it in this morning, and it still fails.

WTH!!!!  I'm ready throw the phone through a wall. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you have the new Ultra line Droid Maxx ?  the Nano Sim sits between the Volume Toggle make sure great care is taken when installing it and pulling it out and Be careful handling it especially the gold area of it)  It is Very sensitive to the oil's & Static electricity in out fingers,   if touched it can cause the phone to Run erratically  Just a heads up b33

0 Likes
youaretheworstverizon

this process is absolutely ridiculous. 

0 Likes
RadialXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greg, have you heard anything yet? I cant even get the CSR tech that was so gung ho to help me to email me back anymore... call and they basically are mum now...

0 Likes
Gregc72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't heard anything but on a whim last night I went into my Verizon and re-activated it and it worked. Power off both phones first. Go into my Verizon, activate your order and then power on your new phone. Mine activated pretty quickly. Smiley Happy Looks like they got what ever problems they had worked out. Nobody bothered to call me and tell me though. Figures.

0 Likes
Gregc72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Btw... I had a CSR do the same thing to me. Stopped responding to my emails all together. Kind of annoying, at least they could tell you sorry, your annoying me now, I'm not going to help you anymore instead of just ignoring you.

0 Likes
RadialXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no go for me... they still have no clue whats going on or when I can get up and running, once again CSR says he will follow up with me... I kinda lost it and pushed his buttons, he almost lost it but held his composure....lol. I am beyond pissed right now!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RadialXX and joshiii,
We want to get you both in action as soon as possible! I apologize for the delay. I would like to take a look at the status of your accounts and determine the best course of action if still needed. Please follow me back and send a Private Message with your account information. I look forward to your reply!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes