My turbo 4G LTE icon won't light up
WaitingForTheNexus6

My turbo 4G LTE icon won't light up - even though my 4G network strength is reasonable (-101dBm currently). 

I have re-seated my SIM card, turned the powered  off and on, toggled airplane mode off and on but nothing seems to help.

Any other tricks?   Does anyone else have this issue? 

Some days it connects via 4G, but when I get in a lower coverage area, I lose it ( which is expected) , but then it won't re-connect even when I am in good coverage.  It gets stuck in 1X mode.  Note that while I am in the low coverage area, I do have WiFi, so most apps use that.  But when I am back in good coverage zones, with no WiFi, my 4G does not connect up.  Sometimes restarting the phone will help it connect, but not always.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My turbo 4G LTE icon won't light up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets's get you back in the fast lane with 4G data WaitingForTheNexus6.  I verified this is not a known issue with the Droid Turbo. So that we can troubleshoot correctly, I would need additional information. When did this start happening? When the 4G LTE icon is not displayed are you also unable to connect to data? Does this only happen when you are in a poor 4G coverage area? We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
WaitingForTheNexus6

I got 4G some of the time for the first week or so, but anymore it seams

like I never do. I still get data though, I just ran a bandwidth test and

got 12 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up, which meant I must be on 4G, and then I

noticed that the 4G light had turned light when the bandwidth app ran.

So it may just be that when I connect via WiFi, 4G turns off. Is that a

default setting? That is different from my S3 phone.

The next time I am out and about, I will try and connect with 4G. and run

the bandwidth test again.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WaitingForTheNexus6,

That sounds like a wonderful test to run! When your phone is connected to Wi-fi it is normal for 4G to disconnect as you don't want to use our network when using Wi-Fi. Once Wi-Fi is off your phone should look for a 4G LTE signal. Those speeds certainly indicate a decent connection.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

It depends on the area you are at -101 dB I will sometimes see 4g drop to 3g as it has better building penetration in my area... i switch to tend to stay in global mode these days and get better signal(that used to not be the cast and isnt on my Z3v) but on my turbo the better mode is global.....

0 Likes
chrismos

I just got Turbo and noticed the same thing. Which was odd to me coming from a RAZR maxx that showed WiFi and 4G LTE at the same time (when in range of my home or office). I tried toggling WiFi off in the house and 4G lit up immediately. Assuming that is what its programmed to, it does seem sluggish though.

0 Likes